Sunday, February 22, 2015

Chapter III: Winter: Session XVIII - 21515 – 22815



Session XVIII:  21515 – 22815 (Part 1)

This should be the start of Session 18 [XVIII]. Looking at yesterday’s eval pix I realize I need to return to the “guy” workout and spend more time and effort developing my chest. I don’t want ‘moobs’ – Note – do not go into a rant about this. I could probably, legitimately work chest 3x a week between the gym, home and push ups @ the gig, if I’d just get out of my chair more often. It’s all on me. No one else to blame.

 
This could be me right now, if i didn't make changes!

Can’t give up the dead lifts though, or Spec Forces Wednesdays – which include pushups. Floor-flat & incline can be done at home. Cables at the Y and suspension when the weather warms up. Got to do for my chest what I did for my legs. ‘Chesty’ is much more of a show off. I need to hit more pull ups as well. In fact – maybe more upper torso over all. Like back in the day.



There’s snow all over but it’s not deep. Windy too – like crazy windy. Might make the Y for deadlifts at some point today. Have to get through the morning stuff. Tea first… for a change. I drink a lot of tea… maybe it’s not too much. But if I ever feel that it is, I’ll deal with that then.



So, I stack yet another goal… or should I envision weaving one goal into the overall goal of a strong body, pleasing (to me at least) physique, retarded aging process and excellent health… for ANY age? And the answer is YES!



During this session I “discovered” weight journals dating back to mid-2006. I must admit I was nerdily excited!! I entered the data into my spread sheet and made a graph of my average weights for the past decade – since I’ve been keeping records. We can see from this chart that 2007 was my heaviest year. I don’t have any body fat/muscle mass data, but I’m pretty sure I was more jacked than fat – [I may be able to dig up some pix.] My average weight for 2007 was 193.35 lbs. so let’s fantasize a little bit; as of today 2-15-2015 my average body fat for this year is 18% and average muscle mass is 46.6%. If we use these values for 193.35 I may have been 34.8 lbs of fat and 82.3 lbs. of muscle mass. The goal I am trying to accomplish this year, or over the next several years, is 28 lbs fat against 86 lbs muscle… a 3:1 ratio, while keeping the weight under 195 lbs. (if this is possible for my frame.)

21515 [Sunday #242] – woke 0800 – decent sleep. Holding back on the morning exercise. Why? Not sure what to do. Maybe I’ll attack like Thursday. Strong cardio with wts., balance core, plyo, still get a little scared doing suicide burpees – but need to get the core & lower body stronger – I dip too much on the landing. And stretch. Let me do this. I can still dead lift.

2 rounds already, no breakfast yet.

Good training to start the day… or continue it.
Start; joint rotation and one leg balance.
Cardio – w/ 5 lb dumbbells – run, jacks, heal toe, suicide burpees… floating plank jacks, lions, d-dog lunges, plyo pushups and more. Stability, stretch, cool down. No time limit.

Weigh in: 189.2 – 17.6 – 60.3 – 42.8 – DROP 5 FAT – BUILD 5 MUSCLE!!
hash browns, spinach, egg whites bkft.. i know [red] potatoes… they were good!!
*Have to reset the red zone parameters for weight, if fat is low and mass is high.

21615 [Monday #243] – 190 – 17.8 – 60.1 – 42.7 – I got a better reading before the shower. Mostly movement & rotation this morning. Up with the alarm – slept straight through mostly. Cold ass day 4 degrees on my comp. Gotta bundle up. YGX today… But it happens – prepped for that. Upper body (chest & shoulders) sore today.

Forgot my vit today, but I’ll survive. Return to counting H2O – 20 oz @ home – first 40 oz @ the gig.  Round 2 or 3.. bagel & hot chocolate for, or @ lunch. Got the salad for later, but not hungry. Reading over old weight data is reminding myself of what I need to do to burn this fat. May hve to do intervals after weight training. Maybe lift 30 – 40 mins, shred up to 20. It’s got to be done.

YGX & spin today.. trying some dead lifts before class.. don’t expect records. Maybe get some reps, but let’s see.

I found some inner peace on the El. I was plugged in. some guy was playing a guitar and singing. I was plugged in (didn’t hear him) – I was happy.

I ate my salad in two parts; shortly before my workout and shortly after spin class. Wasn’t very hungry. Got 100 oz of H2O and stopped counting after that. Round 4 during the dead lifts… well, just after.

YMCA – DEAD LIFT WORK
230 x 5
Cake. Thought about starting at 280, but wimped out. No wraps for the first 4sets.
280 x 3
Dayum, seemed heavier than last time.
300 x 2
Felt the strength come & the grip held.
350 x 1
What?! Got this up with no wraps, but I did feel the left side weaken.
370 x 1
I saw my reflection, I turned red. Not my best, but I’m okay with this lift.

Frank’s advice really helped.

I haven’t lifted like this is some time – didn’t match my current best, but this will do.

Flat db press: 50s lbs. 12 + 10 + 12 + 15: DOMS was defeated by set 4.

Seated leg curls: 105 2 x 10, 120 x 10. Decided to focus on form rather than power. Kept my legs straight as well as my toes up.

YGX – it was fun, a bit different. Spin was actually good – didn’t burn myself out and was able to buy food on the way home. Finished salad.

Home – can’t really justify being up beyond my sleep threshold. Probably 2200, I will not. Snow over night?? And tomorrow.

21715 [Tuesday #244] – 189 – 17. 9 – 60 – 42.6 – Movement, stretching, too it easy. Tues & Weds AMs should be stretch and balance, and stability; long holds and such. Snow today, but no emergency. Think I got my first 20 oz. @ home. Weight is just inside the normal range. Good sign. TGX will happen today. 40 oz. done. Try to get 80 oz before I leave work.

I drop a lb. of weight and my fat % goes up? I have to reverse this. How? Protein/gainer drinks after every workout? I have done this before and I’ve gained both fat and muscle weight. What’s the trick? Consciousness, maybe?

Jump rope before TUGX – didn’t get above a minute straight – more floating though. I was a good example @ TUGX – no one showed up for Aqua. No biggie 2x tea and kracken in the 2d cup. Got over 100 oz H2O today. Thought I’d work the back when I got home, but got trapped on the ‘pooter… no worries. Looks like a good enough weekend to get to the Y. better prep myself for Miami – less than two weeks.

Spec forces tomorrow & acupuncture Thursday; Friday legs and back. ROM dls & lats @ the Y, but subject to change. If I am going to add muscle I have to work the big muscle groups. Legs, Back, chest…

A bit of H2O before bed. G’nite.

21815 [Wednesday #245] – 189 – 17.6 – 60.3 – 42.8 – excited… is it something I did/ if so, how?

Kinda sorta workout this AM – 30 mins upper body cardio with 5lb weights and lower body work w/ ankle weights. Woke, 1 snooze – tea (of course). Joint rotation with the workout and standing lateral leg raises w/ wts. Not overly dynamic, but it helped me wake up.

It’s another cold one, but I’m getting used to it. Spec forces day @ the Y then Aqua. This will be the third installment – get psyched for this!. Not sure whether I’ll go back to 10… maybe. Check the time and energy.

Got some sun shining in the window – but tired. 30 oz done. Haven’t been in the ring yet.

Two rounds – chillin’. Kind of sleepy. Getting psyched for Spec forces.. feel heavy walking.. could be the boots, but doubtful.. probably too much sitting.

Bagel w/ vegge, hot chocolate, got a salad w/ buffalo chicken, maybe munch that before I leave.

YMCA –
August 2011 - for inspiration. no MOOBS!!

Spec forces done! 10 – 1 150 lbs: It went a bit faster this time. Took a fraction less break time between lifts. Good sign. 3rd week, exhausted after. Ate some chicken 7 cheese from the salad, but no appetite. Also, pull ups on the smith and semi-flat pull ups on the smith bar. About 30 minutes. Spec forces was done in about 10 – 15 minutes.

May have to change up spec forces to a weekend thing, when I’m not in so much of a rush. It’s about time to take it from 1 to 10.  I could probably dead lift (lite) and bench on Wednesdays.

Aqua was good. Brittany & Matt two regulars – finished the salad. Stopped at The Café for a dark beer. Over 100 oz. need to stop drinking so much before aqua.
I am the wizzard today!!  Goodnite 2200.

21915 [Thursday #246] – woke without  thought. Just a reminder of what day it is. Weigh in: 189 – 17.6 – 60.3 – 42.8 – same as yesterday. Still out of the red zone; two more days to go this week.

Morning exercise: very random, but I need to do more kicking and plow, these hamstrings need opening. Still haven’t designed my weekly plan. To MIA next Friday. Acupuncture today – maybe take the walk if the temp is decent.

Acupuncture and Round 4. No walk today. Too damn cold.

I think I have a good back routine for La Casa. Did this session w/ ankle weights.
E= eccentric (explode the contraction, slow negative tempo)
P= pronated
Per-workout drink, BCAA’s & Creatine, post peanut butter, worked up a funky sweat too. 

Dumbbell row
50 lbs
10+10E, 3 more sets of 10
This is no joke!!
Bent over
Shrug
50 lbs
12E+15+16EP+20
Neutral grip, standard.
Stability ball flys
5lbs.
10+12+10+8
Did the first set on my knees. Balance wasn’t there. #2 feet spread for balance. #3 feet together, but choppy. I need to use a bigger ball. Need an electric air pump. #4 better balance, but didn’t go straight through. Felt it mid back too.
Airplane holds on the ball
5 lbs. – 8lbs
13 seconds + 16,
8 lbs for 10s. and a hard 16 secs.
Feel it!!
Standing upward row
12 lbs x 12
20 lbs x 10

Feet incline, for balance. Two sets on one foot. 5 reps each, 8 reps each. Left foot hit the floor a few times, but second set was better.
Single leg flys
12 lbs
10 each 2 sets
Some steps, but this will get easier with practice. Remember it’s more about the core than the back.
Myo-Fascial release

Foam roller stuff
Legs & back, left side lateral. Stretch, deeper thru hips. Easier to touch the floor. But this doesn’t last.


22015 [Friday #247] – Looks like I’ll be in all day… maybe… I also expect to be exercising throughout the day – at home. If anything, maybe a walk to Pathmark at the warmest part of the day – 1300-ish. So, tea and some random cardio w/ wts., exercise – (ankle weights and dumbbells).

Weigh in 188 – 17.4 – 60.4 – 42.9 – pushing the numbers in the ‘right’ direction – good spread between muscle mass and body fat. No red zone days yet. Maybe it’s will and/or water. I may not have had dinner last night. Stuffed nostril when I woke up and a slight headache. Sore in the upper back and left psoas area. I love that back/lats workout, tho.

Maybe I’ll load some flicks in the comp and watch while I iron and tidy up. Took care of the electric today… I think. Good for a year.  .4 cents less than when I first looked and a whole penny+ off per kilowatt hour what I was paying for the past two years. Nice to put more pennies away, it might help the future.

Two rounds [N]. H2O consumption is slow and low – typical for a day at home. Maybe I won’t get out today. It is or was below zero F this morning. F meaning Fuck that shit! Not very motivated but chores are getting done.  Day 15 of H2O consumption.

Home work
Incline dumbbell press.
Eccentric + pushups
40 lbs. 2 sets of 10
#3 – 8 presses
#4 – 10 presses
+ diamond pushups 10, 8
10 pushups
6 pushups
This is a lot tougher than it looks on paper!
Seated shrugs
40 lbs.
4 sets of 10 reps.
Slow motion, hold at the top
Stability ball dumbbell press
20 lbs
4 sets of 12
Surprisingly difficult.
Ball plank/pushup
3 – 5 – 6

Plank 20 secs. Hand position makes a difference. Elbow planks also. Hard but got it done.





No time limit, did this routine in ankle weights.
Balance on squishy w/ ankle wts. Didn’t get many reps.
Night work out – arms, biceps, forearms, crunches – busy work basically. I have a lot of free time at home because I don’t watch TV, even when there’s a flick on the computer, it’s just on to keep the screen interesting. I’m not actually watching it.

Another day inside – but I didn’t miss the cold. Good work at La casa – a lot of tea. Less than average H2O


22115 [Saturday #248] – After about 30 minutes of cardio with wts and super burpees (just two rounds) – and jumping, I finish the week away from the red zone – first time in weeks. Weigh 188 – 17.3 – 60.5 – 43 -  into the weekend. No plans to party or break my stride. Not bad for being in all day yesterday and eating stew and nuts…

Looks like I can get to the Y today. It’s a cold one but, mid 20s is warm this month. Get ready for MIA. Drop 5 Build 5!!

First bowl of oatmeal in years w/ syrup and blueberries, let’s see how long I’m NOT hungry.

Often, just before I go to the gym I get this heavy feeling. Almost a feeling of dread. I’m not excited about going. These are the days I am happiest that I pushed through.

It’s snowing out and windy… that doesn’t make it easier. Got to get myself into beast mode just to get there. I’ve been in worst than this – but I’ve had enough… however I’ve said this every year since I’ve been here… 30 since this past January. But all I have to complain about is the weather.


Two rounds done, turkey burger & shrooms. Meal #2. Oatmeal made me feel funny… maybe cause it’s been so long.

I’m giving myself badass props for going out into what became a snow storm (not really, not yet anyway) – and dumbass props for trying to Romanian dead lift 350 lbs. (I may have been able to do it were I not distracted in conversation – Jack 0 plus I didn’t wimp out of doing lunges. Here comes the work. 

Romanian deadlifts
1. 230 x 5
2. 250 x 5
3. 280 x 4
4. 300 x 3
5. 320 x 1
6. 350 – fail
No wraps up to 320 lbs.
Grip; rt under., lf. Over
I should start at 250 now, but I am always cautious, like I won’t be able to lift it.
Left side felt a lil pull during set 2. (250).
May have had 5 in me (set 3)
I should imagine, everything up to 300 as 5 reps.
Set 4 – grip held up. Felt it going at set 5. OK, but when for 350 with wraps. Head wasn’t in it.
Bench press Barbells - decided to go differently, with more reps.
1. 140 x 10E
2. 160 x 8E
3. 190 x 4
4. 200 x 3
Strong, eccentric & power up.
First half E, then steady
Steady, started to feel it.
Strong!! Back to my level. Should be doing 200 x 5s soon. But probably a bench press break is coming.
Incline bench
1. 50 lbs. (bar) 16
2. 80 x 10
3. 100 x 8
4. 140 x 1
Just the bar. Ez warm up
Shoulders spoke up.
No complaints
Big jump – weakness came.
Seated leg curls
105 x 10 – too ez
120 x 10 – ez
135 x 10 – feel it start here.
150 x 6 – prayer feet.
Low weight focus on keeping feet slightly turned inward… prayer feet.

Need to activate the IT band? Or the TFL??
Cable cross over
Low pulls
40 lbs: 4 x 10
Didn’t cross over the first set.. DUH! Crossing makes the difference.
Lunges
25 lbs: 20 total
16 total
I feel this in the chest, just like running up the El steps. I am not the King. I need to conquer this.
Psoas/Illiacas stretches.
Quad stretch…
Out into the snow. About 60 mins total, a bit more for the warm up and stretch.

Pre-drink – BCAA’s, dhea, carnitine and arginine – as usual. Home. Chill.
Post work, beef jerky, t-mix – pro-drink.

Day
Sunday
2-15
Monday
2-16
Tuesday
2-17
Wednesday
2-18
Thursday
2-19
Friday
2-20
Saturday
2-21
Ave.
Weight
189.2
190
189
189
189
188
188
188.8
Body Fat
17.6
17.8
17.9
17.6
17.6
17.4
17.3
17.6
H2O
60.3
60.1
60
60.3
60.3
60.4
60.5
60.3
Muscle mass
42.8
42.7
42.6
42.8
42.8
42.9
43
42.8
MM:BF
2.43
2.40
2.38
2.43
2.43
2.47
2.49
2.38





Session 18 Part 2



This blog has become so detailed I wonder if I should set these sessions up weekly next year. A lot can change in 4 months. (You may not know that Bajai Boot Camp runs from June – June.)


How do I achieve my goals,  knowing what I (think I) know and doing what I do?
Build 5 lbs of muscle. Theoretically, not so hard. 5 lbs is a small amount, or so it seems. The most likely places to add are in the big muscle groups; butt, legs, back, chest, which right away tells me, more squats and heavier. I should have a mid-week squat day, maybe 5 x 5 back loaded to handle more weight. Keep the Spec Forces going for the fat burn and endurance. Also keep the deadlifts going and the lunges also. I think I noticed some some thickness on the sides of my legs. Back & lats and trapz – I think the lats can handle more than I’m giving them and don’t shirk on the upper back. I may need to take shorter breaks to get more work time in.

Chest: at least find a spotter or go longer on dumbbells. The chest can use more work, especially up top.. ‘No Moobs!’
Getting familiar with the core group, Illio-Psoas esp.

Flipside – drop 5 lbs. Keep the processed sugar foods down and out. No whites – flour, rice, sugar… so far so good. As muscle mass increases, metabolism  should increase and burn more calories/fat, for fuel. Just don’t feed the fat. I don’t much have to think about flour and rice… white/processed sugar – I may have to take a closer look when I eat out.

The beer I had last week didn’t seem to throw off the scale. Maybe that can be my guilty pleasure instead of carrot cake.

Finally – focus, but not obsessively set the goal and allow the body to do its part. Okay. That’s all. Let’s go through this week, then head south.

22215 [Sunday #249] – 189.4 – 18.3 – 59.8 – 42.4after a heavy workout!?! Hmmm… what’s the cause of this, less H2o, a cycle, the Moon? Weather? Beef Jerky? So the trip starts again.

According to the new parameters of Bajai Boot Camp – anything above or below the weekly average is RED!!

Body 7 joint rotation – 1 sun salutation. I’ve gotten away from the morning yoga – maybe design a weekly cycle today. 20 oz./ about to finish off 40 oz. 1 round – Could be the cause of the 1% rise in body fat. That’s outrageous!!! I never drop that much. Round two – tells me what I need to know. Maybe I’m out of the red tomorrow. 60 oz. 1100 hrs. 80 before I left the gig.

Dropped out of the red zone to 17.9 – 60.0 – 42.6 (but not by this week’s standards.)  Just needed to eliminate, evacuate and flow. (But I was pissed!!)

Got a gallon consumed, and maybe a bit more.

Opted out of the Y today. It was questionable right up until the time I got off the train at my station. I didn’t have sneakers and I used that as an excuse.

Home work – I kept notes as I exercised so this is rather choppy, plus there’s some experimental stuff. I want to be condition 360 x 360 degrees… as many blanks as I can fill in, I will.

Myofascial release (foam roller) and dynamic stretching to get started. I’m getting the hang of this, both theoretically and practically.


Monster Move (squat, curl, press, pushup) 20 lbs. 5+6+7+6 shish is tough. Long breaks and had to slow down some of the sets. Looking for float, bounce, elasticity and of course , power!! It’s bout finding the right flow.

I picked up the 20s and they felt light so I did 30 cross chest hammer curls, then tried a few single leg burpees. I went slow.

Dumbbell row – working w/ 50 lbs (the max I have until I bring up the 60) – at a tempo that powers up, holds, releases slowly (e) both arms. 10e + 12ep (pronated grip) + 16 steady.

20 more cross hammer curls with 30 lb dumbbells. Manageable. Didn’t really burn my biceps, but it seemed like the right weight.

Standing shrugs 50 lbs 10ef (f=front loaded) + 12ef +10el (l= lateral load)

Stability ball flys – ugh! First I have to get my balance. I need my legs hip width apart – I will eventually have one atop the other. 8lbs. 3+8… next round 10 lbs. two sets, 8 + 6. ROM is still short, but not a painful. Those muscles are waking up, good thing too, I have work for them.

Front raise, over the ball. Balancing on the ball arms in front, raise the dumbbells. 2 sets of 8 reps… set 1 with like 2 lbs weights, set 2 w/ the 5s.

Stretched, tried some plows… body is still tight. Still haven’t done that schedule. It will take a while.

22315 [Monday #250] – Slept late just because – I wasn’t excited about getting up and exercising. I did that just before bed. Not excited about the gig or going out in the cold, although my body is acclimating to it. So I got up about 0445 – jumped around a bit – did some kicking. Problem is – I already want to be good at it instead of letting myself grow into it. I want to be there without making the trip. Of course this is not possible… so I guess I’ll make the trip. Embrace the growth.
If you can't read this click the image... Good info.

Pre-shower weight had me at 20% body fat and 41% muscle mass, unacceptable. Post shower read 188.2 – 17.7 – 60.2 – 42.7 –normalrange for last week, but red zone by new standards. I want to push these numbers to 16.5% BF 43.5% muscle mass at 190 lbs. That would be 31.3 lbs of fat and 82.6 lbs of muscle. Probably a noticeable look, but still off of my 3:1 ratio goal. But let’s imagine… one small step at a time.

Today I aspire to this – when I get there I will celebrate, but will still want better. It’s a long road back… in this case, I may be journeying to new realms… THAT gets me excited.

Potatoes (red), eggs, spinach for bkft, and tea. I can feel the metabolism kick in (sweat).. Potatoes!!!

Round I @ La Casa – still working on the first 20 oz. I should have 60 by lunch, if not by the end of the tour. YGX today and probably a short workout before. Think military presses. Not sure if I’m hungry or just conditioned to munch on trail mix during these early work hours (0800 – 1100). Note: I haven’t been eating the entire container of trail mix, every day. Small progress.

Rounds two & three were a one-two combo. Feeling “ugh” in the stomach… was it that club salad sandwich (Pagano’s) It was heavily soaked in ‘ sauce’. Going back to more natural eats. I’ll add my own dressing thanks.

Went straight from the gig to the Y. Rounds four and five were dynamic.

Here we go. 

Military Press to start –

80 lbs. x 8
90 lbs. x 8
100 lbs. x 5 got heavy.
Got interrupted by a kid who did one lame set of squats. OY! I should be more encouraging.  A quick 3 sets, but feeling stronger up in the shoulders.

Seated Arnolds – first time – in a long time, doing these.
30 lbs. 10 reps. Nice warm up.
35 lbs. 10 + 8 + 8.
Got to give this time. I’ll be rockin’ 50s soon enough. Yeah.. both once-injured shoulders are putting this up!

Triceps pull overs:
80 lbs x 10 – Cake!
90 lbs x 6 + 5 – I have gotten stronger here. The chest triceps combo has always been good to me. Stick with these 90s for a while.
Upstairs – Cable stuff.
Standing Rows – first time doing these.

90 x 10 – Pretty easy.
110 x 10 – still easy.
130 lbs – this is the weight. 3 sets of 10 eccentric focus – mostly. Any heavier and the weight is moving me. Stronger core and I’ll be better able to do this. Bosu ball??

Overhead pull cable low angle (may need to vid this.)

30 lbs x 10.
40 lbs – 8 + 10. This is a good one, do more often.

Medicine Ball Pushups

8, legs in close.
5, Legs crossed and stacked, + 7 more.
First attempt didn’t really happen. My core muscles seem to kick in quickly.


YGX & spin were both good and strong. Participation was solid but not too much. I think the pre-workout, workout helps. Speaking of… pre-drink, BCAA, arginine, carnitine, DHEA (phasing this out).

Post YMCA – 1 slice of onion, 1 slice of meat, one egg, and mushroom – small ‘recovery’ meal and a cup of tea.. of course. I felt the metabolism kick start.

So what was up with 5 rounds today? H2O? Got the minimum. I think 96 oz., probably 100+. The first 60 -80 is focused.

Okay. Good day. Chill, then bed. Start packing.
 

22415 [Tuesday #251] – It’s getting tougher getting up on cold days. It’s another cold one, but we deal with it. These numbers are in the NEW red zone – it was adjusted to reflect last week’s averages. This will give me focus rather than frustrate me – it’s psychological.

188.2 – 17.9 – 60 – 42.6this is the typical response for a post GX day. It seems like H2O had had some affect… i.e. I’m not over 18%... got to remember and appreciate that this is progress.

Two rounds – slow on the water today, maybe 60 oz so far. I just drink and don’t count. Thursday might be 3 weeks since I started this water thingy.

Grilled chicken and fake crap salad (Parks) – should hold me. Got t-mix and beef jerky. TUGX next. Up for it. No pre-work drink today, bu I have supplements.
 
December 2011 - Lowest weight of the decade
Oh.. the core is sore DOMS?? Does the same protocol apply? Did I mention my “fat-boy” winter pants feel looser? I haven’t tried the thin cammies yet. They will tell. My X-L sweats seem loose too. Next measuring day is near March 15th. Oh and the fat around my belly that’s holding my six-pack hostage seems, looser, softer…. Maybe a little more broken up, destabilized and easier to flush. Could be a sign/benefit of the H2O consumption.

Round III [DP] – a double play!! No more club salads – it wasn’t worth the feeling I got from eating it. You can learn a lot from a rat.

Pre-TUGX – jump rope – no records, but breath is stronger. 30 lunges w/ 15 lb weights – still not the king. Worked shoulders 7 forearms with body bars.

Strong TUGX – lots of coaching. There is a very good group there. Makes me enjoy leading even more.  H2O was under control. No exact count, but 20 – 40oz more before bed. Legs this eve, if anything. Recovery/eve meal? Not hungry, but have beef  jerky in the bag. Finished off the trail mix after TUGX. Psoas, left side.. sore.

Went o bed early 2130-ish, opted out of exercise and dinner. Just snacked on peanuts, etc. Got some packing done, trash & recycling out, sheets washed. Good night.

  

22515 [Wednesday #252] – 18 – 60 – 42.6 – 188.2 – these are basically the same numbers as yesterday. Still red zone. This looks/seems like a cycle. I didn’t eat all of the beef jerky. I drank a lot – at least 96 – 100 oz of H2O the recommended amount. Didn’t eat dinner and worked out. Still the numbers are unsatisfactory.

Did not feel like getting up – so double snoozed and set a 30 minute alarm, but eventually got up and did about 20 minutes of exercise.
Need to get back to this habit

Have to remember to have ACV before bed. Potatoes, kale, shrooms, bkft. No rounds completed. 40 oz. H2O – 1000.  Breakfast seems to have filled me up. Not too hungry. Tea too. Will have to discipline myself to wake up strong tomorrow. Feeling a bit energetic today.

Round I [NF] – getting up the steps is getting a bit better… the recovery that is. No longer feeling the tightness in the plexus area.

YMCA – crowded day at the Y but I got it in. round IV.
Squats – 5x5 – 190, 201, 230, 250 x 2
Low cable cross 40 x 10: 3 sets of 8 – 10 eccentric 50 lbs. (this woke up the pecks.)

Straight arm pull down, eccentric: 110 3 sets 6 – 8: the negatives make a difference. Have to schedule negs every other week.

Round V: what’s with the 5 rounds?? Had some energetic moments today. Glad to get back to the heavy back loaded squats, but don’t forget the front squats.

 
22615 [Thursday #253] – I wasn’t badass enough to get up before 0444! Oh well. I can take a break. Maybe I’ll actually do something at the gig. Out of here tomorrow – and thinking Y for chest – 30 before Temple for aqua aerobics, more to come.

Round I and tea, first thing… but slow sips. I am imagining tea is losing her power over me.

Same digits 188.2 – 18 – 60 – 42.6 – but the scale changed every time I stepped on it and it got worse and worse.

Getting’ some H2O and some pushups [60] so far. Water… not sure maybe 3rd bottle?
Hunger is pretty satisfied. Still got half my trail mix and lunch time [1100] is coming up.

Round II –[BFF] + two shorties. Round V @ La Casa… make some changes – another BFF.

Pit stop at home to eat, tea before Aqua… an extra day after a zero Tuesday last week. Maybe more kale with the meal. Hmmm – not hungry enough to eat. Got T-mix left. May get something before I go – potatoes maybe?

Yikes Rounds VI & VII – a one-two punch. It was only scheduled for 4. [DP] mode. Feel okay though. Headed to aqua. Potatoes, kale & cheese.

I was good through aqua. Still strong now home; pack, maybe lift and clean a bit.


22715 [Friday #254] – Slept til 0700. Up and 36 minutes of training calisthenics with dbs. It was exhausting – despite the classes I’ve lost a bit of an edge/endurance here.

Travel day: [31.9 lbs fat/ 80.4 muscle mass = 2.52:1 ratio] more than half way there, but this fluctuates a lot. Weigh in 186.6 – 17.1 – 60.6 – 43.1. This looks like an overall improvement, proportionate. A nearly 1% drop in fat (got my wish it seems) with an increase in muscle mass. I’ll certainly do the math.

I must attribute this change to kale and ACV, both of which I added to the “diet” over the past two or three days.

No telling how much H2O I’ll get today. The numbers look good going into the weekend. No telling how many rounds either. Nothing to eat… like a meal of anything as of 1030. Try to space this out a little. fast/snacking on travel days.

Oh, Round I came at wake up. So we’re on the charts. 2d cup of tea now… so packed and ready. Chores – tidy up – eat and head out into the madness of travel. It’s usually okay though. I stick with my methods. Got t-mix and beef jerky for the trip.

Post flight, maybe two more rounds…  R2 was massive.
Marilyn Pumps it out!!! No excuses ladies!!

Walk to Denny’s for a salmon salad. That place is poorly managed. Good walk to and fro.
22815 [Saturday #255] – wake up in Miami and trying to figure out a wake up routine in limited space and potential downstairs neighbors. A radically different climate. I dreamed of being bullied and had to beat up two guys and felt really bad about it. Seems like I have these kinds of dreams around my birthday. There were some heights issues too.

Weights and measurements are based on averages, so they are fairly accurate – 186.7 – 17.2 – 60.6 – 43.1 –

Okay, I got a little exercise in, nothing dramatic. Maybe hit the gym later today. Need more core/abs.. old school work; crunches, reverse crunches, French fries, in addition to stabilization and opening work.

I may have to start a new book on March 15th. Blast abs.

Might have to start counting calories again. Researching and probably going to attempt to add more good fats to my diet. I’m already fairly low carbs and the protein is where it should be… I think.

Total calories per day based on 14 cals per lb of body weight.
2660 cals
Recommended cals of micronutrients.
Carbs
50 – 60%
1330 grams
Protein
12 – 20%
532 grams
Fat
30%
798 grams

Simply take from the carbs and add to the fat. It’s tough to count my cals because I mix my food together. But I guess I could do it… Food prep…  


Miami Work
HIIT on the treadmill 21 minutes. Didn’t race too fast. Maxed at 6mph, but okay… need to rev up for this. Followed by some light weight work. Monster sequence, probably about 40 – 50 minutes. Leg raises & medicine ball pushups.


Mile(s) walk to the store and dinner at Duffy’s – salmon and zucchini, rice & beans.. nice walk back. Finishing up this session in Miami, in the high 70s… the numbers and charts/graphs are below.

RED ZONE – ABOVE 188.8 LBS: 17.6% BF: BELOW 60.3 H2O  BELOW 42.8 MM:  LOWER THAN 2.38 RATIO.
Day
Sunday
2-22
Monday
2-23
Tuesday
2-24
Wednesday
2-25
Thursday
2-26
Friday
2-27
Saturday
2-28
Ave.
Weight
189.4
188.2
188.2
188.2
188.2
186.6
186.7
187.9
Body Fat
18.3
17.7
17.9
18
18
17.1
17.2
17.7
H2O
59.8
60.2
60
60
60
60.6
60.6
60.1
Muscle mass
42.4
42.7
42.6
42.6
42.6
43.1
43.1
42.7
MM:BF
2.32
2.41
2.38
2.37
2.37
2.52
2.51
2.41

Weight, body fat and muscle mass… and new muscle mass:body fat ratio. I am going for 3:1 and aiming for 82 lbs. of muscle and wondering how long that will take and if it’s possible.
Week of
Body fat
H2O
MMass
MM:BF
9-13
34.5
110.7
78.4
2.27:1
9-20
33.4
112
79
2.36:1
9-27
33
112.2
79.6
2.41:1
10-04
34.3
111.1
79
2.30:1
10-11
33.6
110.3
79.4
2.36:1
10-18
32.8
110.7
78.8
2.40:1
10-25
32.6
111.5
79.2
2.43:1
11-01
32.2
111.6
79.2
2.46:1
11-08
31.7
111.6
79.3
2.50:1
11-15
33.8
111.3
79.1
2.34:1
11-22
33.5
112.1
79.5
2.37:1
11-29
33.2
112.3
79.8
2.40:1
12-06
32.9
112.7
80
2.43:1
12-13
34.3
111.6
80.1
2.33:1
12-20
33.5
113.1
80.3
2.40:1
12-27
33.9
113.7
80.7
2.38:1
1-03-15
34.3
112.6
80
2.33:1
1-10-15
33.9
113.6
80.7
2.38:1
1-17-15
34.1
113.7
80.6
2.36:1
1-24-15
33.8
113.5
80.6
2.38:1
1-31-15
33.9
113
80
2.36:1
2-07-15
33.6
113.3
80.4
2.39
2-14-15
33.9
113.6
80.7
2.38
2-21-15
33.2
113.8
80.8
2.43
2-28-15
33.2
112.9
80.2
2.41
Ave
33.5
112.3
79.7
2.38:1


Weight gain/weigh Loss table starting June 19, 2014 to present.
Session
Gain
(lbs.)
Loss
Net
Total Gain
Tot. Loss
Total
I
9.0
6.0
3.0
9.0
6.0
3.0
II
4.0
6.5
-2.5
13
12.5
0.5
III
7.5
8.5
-1.0
20.5
21
-0.5
IV
7.0
6.0
1.0
27.5
27
-0.5
V
5.5
6.0
-0.5
33
33
0
VI
3.8
6.0
-2.2
36.8
39
-2.2
VII
6.3
7.5
-1.2
43.1
46.5
-3.4
VIII
6.8
6.2
0.6
49.9
52.7
-2.8
IX
1.8
1.2
0.6
51.7
53.9
-2.2
X
1.0
0.8
0.2
52.7
54.7
-2
XI
4
3
1
56.7
57.7
-2.2
XII
3
1.2
1.8
59.7
58.9
.8
XIII
5.2
5
.2
64.9
63.9
1
XIV
8.3
7
1.3
73.2
70.9
2.3
XV
9.7
7.8
1.9
82.9
78.7
4.2
XVI
7.8
9.3
-1.5
90.7
88
2.7
XVII
8.2
5.6
2.6
98.9
93.6
5.3
XVIII
2.3
4.8
-2.5
101.2
98.4
2.8

I want to point out that I’ve gained 0ver 100 pounds since the start of this Fitness year (June 19, 2014) – but I’ve lost nearly 100 as well. I am relatively active, now imagine a sedentary person – the now classic ‘couch potato’ who has poor eating habits; Or the ‘foodie’ who indulges in…. FOOD. Over the course of a decade, I gained 60 pounds… That’s only 6 lbs. a year. It snuck up on me because I wasn’t paying attention. That’s why I do this, now.

End of Session 18…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment