Monday, February 16, 2015

Chapter III Winter - Session XVII: 20115 – 21415



Session XVII: 20115 – 21415

20115 -  [Sunday #228] – New month, new session… 17, I think. After a day of being ‘shut in,’ regular meals and several cups of tea [4, maybe], the numbers remain relatively steady: 188.2 – 17.8 – 60.1 – 42.7 – A change but not remarkable. I could use more vegetables, I think.

Measuring day was anticlimactic. All the measures were the same as 45 days ago. At least they didn’t go up. Ten cm difference between solar plexus and hips. Pretty nice, but I still want my lower torso to be in the 80s range, even the high 80s. I’ll need to burn close to 10cm off my gut though. Although the Bod is more contoured, or because of it, I can see where the fat is being stored. It’s the usual spots – belly and the sides. Boost activity, tweak diet. It may be ‘difficult’ to boost metabolism at this point, but I might as well try.  I cannot allow age to be a factor (in my mind) – whether other people and statistics – think it is or not!! My rebel stubbornness will prove them wrong… and if not, I’ll still benefit from having tried.

I see another 90 day window approaching from March 15th to Xave’s graduation.. Cardio daily, different moves I want to get better at & continue to lift.. heavy!! And the fit-friends project. Keep this is mind.

YMCA – The work
Dead lifts - Conventional
230 x 3
No wraps
Went up EZ: good warm up
300 x 3
No wraps
Up good. Surprised
350 x 1
Wraps
No problem
370 x 1
Wraps
I was a bit worried I wouldn’t get this.
380 x 1
Wraps
YES!!! After the fail. Progress
400 Fail!
Got Greedy
I needed to feel the weight. I could fail at this again – but maybe by month’s end, if I keep at it.

Try dead lifts with hands outside of legs. Alternate workout to work out. No need for heavy sumos.

Bench press:
160 x 5

Good warm up.
170 x 5

Feeling strong
190 x 3


200 x 3

Progress!! No spotter. I may be getting closer to a 5 rep set. Shoulder is hangin’ it. Left side lagged on third rep.




Jump rope – 2.5 minutes, missed… I was going for 3 minutes. It’s a long time to jump. Just straight up and down, nothing fancy. Jumping felt good and strong.

Lunges 20 lbs… 20 total (10 each side0 I am getting more steady. Feeling the difference. Hate(d) them, but I’m coming around.  Those suckers wore me out.

20215  - [Monday #229] – 188.2 – 17.6 – 60.3 – 42.8 -  damn, couldn’t even get a “9”, let alone a “43” I think I’ve hit 43 once. It’s a Long freekin Road Back!

Restart the morning routine (with passion & focus) – more formal. Warm up with joint rotation & balance.  Here’s the run-down. I probably won’t do this every day, I will adjust according to the day before – day of is not such a concern.

1.  Run in place: no jogging, keep the knees up even if I have to go less than 100-200 steps.
2.  Jumping jacks – conventional or modified to open trapz/shoulders.
3.  Heal-toe shuffle/jumps – get high!!
4.  Shadow Box  - straight center punch working towards 500.
5.  Suicide burpees – will alternate some days with normal burpees (or none at all) for recovery.
6.  Floating lunges – can be switched up with downward dog to runner’s lunge.
7.  Jumping leg laterals – [ringing the bell] get high… maybe one leg hops as well.
8. Dancing Lion – signature move. Love this. Add hops and eventually move into a combination movement that includes kick out and pushup.
9.  Diamond plank jack pushups – alternate with 3 and two point pushups.
10.  Jumping Lunge squat – or stepping lunges, when I don’t do it with weights.
11.  Kicks – front/back or combo – need to get these up higher. Build energy!!
12. Elbow to knee twist –

Modified, extended sun salutation, with twist, T, and two pint push up.  Seated neck circles, hips work.. leg stack/stretches.

Muscle weight is about 80 lbs. I need to pack on 5 more!
About 40 minutes. This should be daily (or at least some form of it) – no excuses – although I may make them anyway. I should add some stability mornings in this mix to witch things up. Day 1? Not yet… but maybe, discipline training.

Kind of warm today, raining I think… or icing.. work today – ugh – feeling the pull of leave. 14 months to go.

L? – don’t know where I’m at. No biggie. I’m looking at another 90 day window – this time going hard and steady for 3 weeks, then chill (maybe just lift or something, or stabilize). Then 3 more weeks with something different. Figure I can do this twice a year, which leaves me 185 days for non-fitness related fun.
4 Levels??

I need these pants loosened!! Take more pix?? But… and video? Heck, I’m gonna get some 36 x 34 pants forget the ego… I need space and length. 34 x 32 look/feel like high waters to me.

Turkey burger before YGX – pre drink. Both Y classes were strong. I feel good after.

Bean soup for dinner – tea. Adequate? Hydration.

Full moon in Leo – maybe that explains the GX sessions. Had a big group. Foam roller on quads before bed.
 
This is how much fat weight I'm carrying around. about 35lbs.!
20315 -  [Tuesday #230] – Double snooze – surprising warm in my room, but I’m used to it [the cold] I guess.

Close to 30 minutes of morning cardio. Watching this training video and becoming more cognizant of how I need to train. There are 6 more weeks of winter – that can be two 3 week training cycles; joint rotations, jump-cardio- core stability (should utilize the ball)

188.2 – 17.9 – 60 – 42.6 – pretty sure these are the numbers. Better than usual. Right on the border though. [Condition Orange – but that’s steady state]. It may take some time, but I need to be conscious of it. .

Two levels early – a one-two. Musthave been dinner. I may have to start brining protein powder with me to the gyms. Don’t really want to be THAT guy – but maybe.

TUGX was good. More coaching – some participation. Legs are tight! Aqua… okay … didn’t feel that motivated. Finished salad & guilty pleasure. They don’t even taste good to me anymore. Focus on hydration, maybe some ball work – stability. (Nope!)

20415 -  [Wednesday #231] – 189.2 – 18.1 – 59.9 – 42.5 – I did not want to get up this morning, but I did ( slept very well). Body rotation protocol today. Typical post-Tuesday recovery. 30 minutes of not very dynamic exercise. Mostly twisting and stretching, no jumping or running.
 
Its the 3 to 1 ration that I'm after: these charts are for Jan.'15
Numbers aren’t as radically down as last week – but fat and H2O are in the red zone. So let’s look at what was different about yesterday.

At the gig, snacked on trail mix as usual, but didn’t eat all of it. Still had some left by TUGX. Bagel with vegge spread, then half the salad before TUGX. No pre-workout drink. Jumped rope (2.5 mins – missed) before class and worked shoulders and biceps, also. Focused on hydration during the day, during and after TUGX. 40% participation during the session. Good sweat & calorie burn (not measured). Aqua box, two participants, not very intense. H2O post TUGX, no banana this week. Carrot cake and beef jerky, which was basically dinner. Ate the whole bag so like 20 – 30 grams of protein?? But it was outside of the 90 minute window. Finished the salad after both fit classes.

Today – feeling heavy, from yesterday?. Round I, then II! One-two punch! Close together.

Bean & meat and shrooms for breakfast and hungry again when I got to work. [Maybe I should add lentils to this mix, I haven’t had red lentils in some time.]. Oh man… maybe sick is trying to get me. “Tough” recovery getting up 1 flight of steps at the gig. UGH!!

This is looking like analysis day. I have it in mind to go to the Y and do a spec forces workout. A strong 30 minutes. I won’t have many more chances this week to train. Acupuncture Thursday and massage Friday, but maybe I can hit the Y after the massage? Or I can always start working in the stability training at home afterwards. I had a good home set last week. I should start doing some chest presses on the ball. In fact, I could probably do a spec-forces swiss ball combo?? Hmmm, let me ponder that one.

Got a few balance (one leg laterals) at the gig. Added muscle mass:body fat ration to the daily table. Lamenting my poor performance, but also realizing I don’t have a year’s worth of data. Maybe when the weather gets warmer things will change. What happened to the burn fat build muscle paleo  model??? More what? Less what??

Added muscle mass: body fat ratio to the daily table. Lamenting my poor performance, but also realizing I don’t have a year’s worth of data yet.

My best MM:BF ratio week was in November, so I finally checked to see why. Seems all that week I was doing my cardio with 5 – 8 dumbbells [hand weights]. I wonder if this can be repeated. And why did I stop? Can I pick this up tomorrow? My muscle mass was about 2-3 lbs lower then, but fat was proportionally lower as well. Maybe this is a strategy I need to include.

YMCA – Spec Forces Comeback… Day I
150 lbs – 10 – 1: Kicked my ass!! Two things to work on. Keep toes straight. Work towards a wider/open stance and deeper squats; and spread fingers further apart during pushups. I need to have my body in significantly better shape by the time I leave the gig/City.

Jumped rope, front and back. Pretty lame. Cable pull & turns, 70 lbs?? 3 sets. Dips 2 x 6 & 1 x 8 – I was out in 30 minutes.

Practice with monster reps?? Can spec Forces be my Wednesday girl, Before aqua?

Did not need to eat before aqua. Water did the trick. 60 oz done. Got 20 more oz in the bottle 32% of body weight. It could very well be that I’ve been dehydrated, or getting by on less water than I should drink, for quite some time. 6 rounds, but many of them were lame and short.

Ended the night with 90 oz of H2O (47.5% of body weight). Wrist and forearm work with the bar and 20 step lunges, w/ 20 lb dumbbells before bed.

20515 -  [Thursday #232] – 189.2 – 18 – 60 – 42.6 – Morning workout w/ dbs 5 lbs. Can’t float as well w/ the bells – so I’ll switch off (or get better at floating). Core stability w/ the ball. No mt climbers, burpees, or lions. Core stability is low and must be increased. I wobble on the ball. I have to create for variety.

Good omelet, toms, spinach, beef, bkft. Feeling kind of worked over today. Acupuncture after work. Looks like the temp is going to plunge. The digits are right on the cusp of the Red zone – same as a week ago [1-30], except the weight is down a couple pounds. Essentially I’m on a plateau, so something has to be done differently.  Rotating the morning routine should help… also adding dumbbells to a few routines. Core stability work and spec forces Wednesdays and consistently hydrating, especially on work days.

Expected results –
1. reduce body fat by 5 lbs [at least].
2. increase muscle mass by 5 lbs [at least]
3. reduce torso measurements, below the solar plexus to <90 cms.

Prepare to initiate OPT protocol. Have stronger morning workouts on days off.

Round I [NB] before work.  Got to get up more often at the gig. I can do standing core/balance work throughout the day. We [I] have small weights here. H2O seems to be working. 4 – 5x up the steps so far. [1000 hrs.]
R3[NB]. 40 oz. – 60 oz. 1400 hrs. weights and numbers may be on a 1 – 2 day delay? Does my behavior on Tuesday show up on the scale on Thursday?? It doesn’t look like it.  R4.

Acupuncture 5 of 10 – trying to go ‘there’, but something always brings me back in. Post acu- walks… cold and windy!! 80 oz. 2x tea. Lentils with bean stew for dinner. Bod is sore, perhaps core & stretch before bed.

Balance & core work, with the ball. I’ve got lots of room for improvement. Standing balance, lateral leg lifts, bent one-leg raises.

Got 90 oz – maybe 100?? 1 last cup of tea. Spectrum’s clear. Legs are sore. Massage tomorrow and off sabado! Ended with 90 oz… decided to save some for the AM. G’night.

20615 -  [Friday #233] – 189.2 – 17.7 – 60.2 – 42.7 – The difference is clear, except I’m wondering if I’d done nothing more than what I usually do day to day, if I would not have gotten the same results. Well, let’s keep going. The H2O didn’t keep me up, but when I woke up I needed to eliminate, and maybe the .4% drop in body fat was due to the 90 oz of H2O from yesterday… or the walk.  No reason to stop. If I can continue this for a week – 30 days there may be even more profound improvements.

Raw omelet (peppers, shrooms, spinach, scallions, 2 eggs.) for bkft. Took an ACV shot, which I’d been neglecting for a while. Let’s get back into this habit.
DROP 5 – BUILD 5!!

17% - 18% is neutral territory. <17% is Blue Zone… so let’s focus on trending downward.

Round I – before work, feeling improvement @ the top of the El steps.
Round II – NW – H2O
20 oz done: Day 3 of the H2O thing.
Round III – NW – 40 oz done 1130 hrs – H2O is cutting the appetite, or is it in my mind?
Round IV – I might get to 60 oz by the end of work. Slowed down on the sipping. Trying to make it natural, not forced. Decent round.

Turkey burger, tom, guac 2x tea.

Moved around w/ ankle wts @ the gig – core stability, leg raises, etc. Felt better getting up steps.
Cheat night, lamburger on a bun and fries. 3x iced tea [North third.]

20715 -  [Saturday #234] – wake 0730-ish: Morning work 30 mins with dumbbells (5 lbs), haphazard but the basics. Had a One-two round at wake up. [DF] – H2o getting’ in done.

Weight: 190 – 17.8 – 60.1 – 42.7 – [m wt. 81.13] I had to know. Weight is in the red zone, but everything else is within acceptable range. I’m guessing the water. Not sure if there’s been anything like this combo since Sept 2014 when I got the scale.

Drop 5 lbs of fat – build 5 lbs of muscle. That’s the plan. Bkft … YMCA.
YMCA – 20 minute walk to the trolley:
Dead Lifts; Conventional. No records Today. Form, reps. Squat arms outside of legs.

230 x 5
Easy lift, but winded. Good warm up. I think I can start higher.
250 x 5
Start here next time. [No wraps on first two sets]
280 x 3 + 3
Left grip failed on first set. Added wrist wraps here.
300 x 3
No problem.
330 x 2 + 1
Respectable weight/performance today. Ran out of fuel here.

Incline bench Press: decided to start a bit heavier today.
120 x 5
Good, easy enough, shoulder’s are good. Expected a pain that didn’t come.
140 x 5
Ok.
150 x 3
Feet down on the floor. Was getting tricky with the feet up.
150 x 2
Shoulder played up. This looks like my max for today.

Military Press – Barbells standing.
80 x 5 –
starting higher this time. No longer need to start with a bare bar.

90 x 5 –
5 is enough. Was repping 8’s last time. Keep reps low and improve strength.

105 x 3 +5 –
I thought I bit off more than I could chew with this weight, but I came back with a surprising 5 reps. So I went for…

110 x 3
– got it, but with a bit of momentum.


135 lbs is where I hurt my back, way back in the 1990s. it would be great to get my revenge on that weight!! GRRRRR!
20 lunges, 20 lbs. a little easier. May advance to a second set.
Jump rope – kept missing.
60 oz H2o done.

Having strong workouts but very little sweat. Where’s the sweat? Spectrum is clear. Proptein drink post workout within the window. Late lunch. Beef 7 egg, shrooms, spinach.

Round III – Tight. Feeling the inner core muscles too. Low, under the belly. 80 oz gone. Gonna do 20 more for the road. Made lemon/lime infused h2O for home. 100 oz total today.

Fram-style birthday dinner @ han dynasty – ate thoroughly. Dark beer, 1 each [16 oz. ?]

Day
Sunday
2-1
Monday
   2-2
Tuesday
2-3
Wednesday
2-4
Thursday
2-5
Friday
2-6
Saturday
2-7
Ave.
Weight
188.2
188.2
188.2
189.2
189.2
189.2
190
188.8
Body Fat
17.8
17.6
17.9
18.1
18
17.7
17.8
17.8
H2O
60.1
60.3
60
59.9
60
60.2
60.1
60
Muscle mass
42.7
42.8
42.6
42.5
42.6
42.7
42.7
42.6
MM:BF
2.40
2.43
2.38
2.35
2.37
2.41
2.40
2.39


20815 [Sunday #235] – wake @ 0730-ish… Calisthenics w/ 5lb. warm up.. core stability. Weight 186.6 – 17.1 – 60.6 – 43.1 – Celebrating H2o. psyched. Hope it’s not a tease… inspiration to keep going with everything, especially the water.

Round I – at wake [NF]
Round II – BFF – This H20 thing is amazing.
Round III – drink 40 oz. done.

Yesterday [2-7-15] started infused H2O @ home. Lemon/Lime. Walked to trolley, getting used to this. 20 mins walk is good. Phlegm coming up & sniffles. Took Vits: C,E, D3 & B12 before training.

YMCA – Here we go.
Bent Barbell Row & Biceps curls super sets.
BB row
Curls
140 x 5
30s x 5
150 x 5
30s x 5 (extra on left)
160 x 2 x 5
30s x 5
170 x 5
35s x 5

35s x 5

I thought 160 was my max, but then went for 170… so… new max. Next time I can start at 150.

Smith, close grip pull ups: 6 – 5 – 5 – 7 – 5.

Bent bench db Flys:
25s – 2 x 10
30s – 1 x 10
35s – 10 + 6 – Better form, slower tempo. Master it.

Medicine ball pushups:
10 feet close – so I figured I’d cross them. First attempt wasn’t good. Thought I’d settle for planks and got 3 pushups, then a 6 so I went for declines (off the bench). Got a 2 and a 3 count. Stability is kicking in. [speaking of kicking, standing leg laterals are up to a 40 count now.]

Done 60 minutes. What next? Feeling better and clearer (no sniffles) after the workout.

My size 34 cammies don’t fit! Well, hard to fasten the button, mainly because I’ve been wearing my fat-boy pants. I want my 34s to fit like my 36s. so there, I’ve expressed that desire.

Round IV was substantial: 90 oz. down, I expect to get 100 – 53% Good enough.
Avocado, cheese, onions, tomatoes as guac for “dinner.” Maybe I moved, maybe not. I may have worked on some planks.


20915 [Monday #236] – 190 – 18.4 – 59.7 – 42.4I had to reset the scale this morning. From one minute to the next the measurements changed, going from bad to worse, even after the shower (wet feet) which usually gives more accurate data. So what about this water? Maybe these are results of Saturday’s dinner and will return in a day or two.

60 oz done. Getting up the stairs is better. Still red zone, but let’s see how the recovery goes.

R-I [NS] 60 oz @1230, 70 oz done @ 1410, R-IV – 130 oz done post YGX 1900 – First day of over a gallon.

Pre-YGX jump some rope, kept missing… front & back jumps – worked with the body bars as clubs, upper-upper body, shoulders, spinning them, working wrists, etc.
YGX and spin were stronger than expected. First classes since drinking more H2O. Finished just over 130 oz. Cup of tea & lentils, spinach & cheese – post workout meal. Just chilled and did laundry. Making gains with balance and H2O. How many days have I been logging the water? (Today is day #5 of… forever, ha ha). Three weeks makes a habit. 130 oz = 68% of body weight in lbs. this should be a sustainable goal. Maybe 150 oz. max… (89%) but 80 oz. minimum? Still tracking the results. Didn’t sweat that much at the Y… maybe l’agua is doing its job. I may have to wait a few more weeks to properly evaluate this.

21015 [Tuesday #237] – I think my scale is messing up. But as things go, if you don’t like the results blame the machine. First weigh in 187.8, 18.9 59.3 42.1 solidly in the red zone. After the shower 189 – 17.5 – 60.3 – 42.9 – more to my liking, but the extreme change made me suspicious.

Morning movement workout – ankle wts curls, twisting and rotating. TUGX today. I have a cup of tea every morning, so in case I don’t mention it, I probably had it.

20 oz done before leaving the house. Lentil & bean stew bkft.
80 oz. done by end of work. 1430 –
140 oz for the day.

TUGX was good – got a good sweat, 60% participation. Got some good work in and wasn’t exhausted at the end. Beef jerky time, post Aqua – on the ride home. Probably about 30 g protein, oh yeah, the salt… tea and chill. More lazy than tired.

21115 [Wednesday #238] – 191.2 – 18.9 – 59.3 – 42.1 – Not exactly what I expected with the increased H2O consumption. No Am exercise… had chores. Crockpot stew and spicy guac for bkft. I’m vexed at these digits – ready to blame the scale and have another look. Over thinking the variables – might be too cold. Might get different numbers in a different location. May try that tomorrow.

20 oz., before work. Round I [NF]? – Felt tight this AM – maybe the beef jerky? Shouldn’t over think it. It’s Red Zone Wednesday. Getting up steps better. It’s not the climb, but the recovery that concerns me.

Ankle weights, balance stuff – standing. Lower left side sore. I’m hoping this is muscle/tissue adaptation.

Round II – Massive. 40 oz. @ 0900. – Three major rounds & 60 oz done @ 1300. Might get 80 oz by the end of the tour.

Spec-Forces Day at the YMCA

10 – 1 Squats & Pushups: 155 lbs. 55 each total. Better, but still only doing half of the workout. It’s a slow climb, but I’m using more weight than ever. Working on better form with the squats; i.e. toes pointed forward deeper. This gets me winded, but I fully expect to progress to 20 – 1 and back up.

Shin Flex – 60 lbs, 1 seated 2 lying… 20 – 20 reps + body weight calf raises.

DB Pull overs: 60 lbs x 15 Then 2 sets w/ 80 lbs 10 + 8 – that last set really challenged me. *Now I remember why my tri’s are so tight.




Body feels much better after the workout! It was needed.
Four rounds – the final was as usual. Granola bars before and after Aqua.
100 – 120 oz H2O
Crashed early. I was wiped out.


21215 [Thursday #239] – Blood tests today: 189.2 – 18.1 – 59.9 – 42.5 – RED ZONE. Fasting, how is this possible? H2O only, still these results? Today is day 7 of hyper hydration… Blood test should be interesting.

No significant exercise this morning. No breakfast yet.

Blood taken – done! Got lots of sleep. Long fast – going for substantial breakfast; 2 eggs over easy, 2 slices pork sausage, 3 slices bacon, 3 slices French toast and water. Felt like a cheat day and thinking I should do this a bit more often.

Walk from 69th st – it’s at least a mile. Rounds I & II were practically back to back. (I – before the walk, II- after.) basically a one-two punch. I’m not counting the ounces today – but bottles. On #3, no tea yet.. amazing. Must rectify that.

Dreary day, flurries (snow, 1 each) while the sun is shining.

Acupuncture today. I guess I managed to relax. I probably dozed. It’s usually for close to an hour each time. 50 – 60 minutes of walking cumulative.

HOME WORK

Okay – kind of different, but similar. Started out with joint rotation warm ups and standing balance, lateral leg raises 50 each side – [a great improvement in balance] and balanced standing leg curls.

Then a couple of cardio rounds with the 5 lb dumbbells; running in place, jacks, heal-toe, etc. shadow boxing.

Next round was the newer stuff – downward dog-to-runner’s lunge, which is actually brutal – dancing lion – one set of 10, which was tough and suicide burpees – got 3 of those and was happy about it.

A round of balance core stability on the exercise ball, which included moving weight, seated leg raises with ankle weight, lying db press on the ball; ball planks and such. I can feel my lower abs/upper pelvics – ‘adapting’ – I think I’m having DOMs down there but the balance is improving. Haven’t attempted a plange yet… but maybe soon… this weekend???


the long fast and the big meal kept me satiated all day (probably the water had something to do with this also.) I snacked al day on trail mix and some blueberries, but mostly H2O. Possibly moving around all day had a lot to do with it also, as opposed to sitting at a desk, which I normally do at work. Note: Hair cut today. I note this because I want to know how fast my hair grows… to the point of needing to be cut. Maybe I’ll add a pic.

21315 [Friday #240] – 190 – 18 – 60 – 42.6 – This is a normal rating…. Average. Anything below this is red zone. So let’s get this established now. 190 is Red Zone weight.  And anything under 2.37:1 ratio is red zone. So, what do I do when I’m in the red? Good question. Panic! Ha ha. Where shall I put the Blue Zone? Less than 17.5% Body Fat, Better than 43% Muscle and Better than 2.5:1 Ratio. This is my BLUE ZONE – it will give me something to shoot for, although one aspect of this is to watch, rather than try to control [this of course is BS, because the point is to learn to control.]

It’s a cold ass day out. 11 degrees F when I walked out the door. I could stay home today – but I won’t. some opportunities may arise. Stay prepared.
 
YMCA - Really need to pump up the chest.
Two rounds done – Lunch; salmon & turkey (real turkey) salad. Been having salmon for the past 3 days.  [Just finishing 80 oz. H2O]. Seriously thinking temple this afternoon for training. It will be the first time this year. Looking forward to getting into this routine again. Thinking, leg press, ugh lunges, and maybe some smith presses from the floor, stuff I did during the shoulder rehab of 2013-14.

Going to have to take a close look at this session. The weight is up, pants don’t fit, I’m spending more time in the Red Zone. It could be adjustments, adaptations. I follow the muscle more than the fat [Charts for January.] I will play out this hand and keep going as I have gone these years and when the weather gets better – erggh – back to running and hopefully running through the woods. If I can get back to the Ruggedness protocol, that would be beneficial. I can jump the bench, climb the pole and run around this spring.

Made it to Temple – the place was active, but I managed to get a few [>5] sets in on the leg press. I was reppin’ 500 – 600 lbs fairly easily, but it’s still 20—300 lbs less than before – but leg press is just vanity and for the numbers.

Smith press from the floor – 225 (4, 45 lb plates, don’t know how heavy the smith bar is. No cable, no counter weight.) anyway, limited ROM, but the shoulder held up. If I get to the Y tomorrow maybe I’ll do some old school super sets for the chest. I’m due for flat bench work.

Got in a few shoulder shrugs on the smith as well. By the time I got through 2 stations the crowd had picked up. More beneficial @ the Y I think. Maybe save Temple for the late spring/summer.

HOME STUFF
Joint rotation and core stability, leg stretching, balanced leg laterals, circles 7 curls/kicks. Getting better at this. Not so good at pistols, even assisted. I’ll be falling a lot more. I need to pump my ass up for March.
 
The back is where i excel. I look better walking away. :Selfie
Notes: drinking more water, taking less vitamins… or so I feel. Probably won’t wean off completely, but CLA is gone, and resveratrol is running out. Sticking with yohimbe, CoQ, green tea, & red yeast rice and a few others, until they’re gone.

BCAA’s and pre-drink before Temple work – beef jerky after. No dinner, just snacks and water.

No work tomorrow – maybe YMCA – too cold to do anything else. No warmer on Sunday it seems so I might as well go tomorrow. Hopefully I can end this session on a high note.


21415 [Saturday #241] – 190 – 17.8 – 60.2 – 42.7 – Wet feet – as if this is a caveat – improved the reading. Yet I feel like I’m cheating, yet feel cheated if the reading goes red. Go with the best news is my philosophy. Weekend off – slept late, maybe got 8 hours or more. Another cold one. Did some warm up rotation stuff when I got up and now preparing to hit the Y, stew for breakfast, 2x teas and 2x rounds, so far – pretty good.

There doesn’t seem to be that much of a difference – that I notice – since the ‘water thing’ – however it’s still short term. I should be evaluating it after 3 months, but so many other factors come into play. Gear up for 90 days starting march 15th – that’s just a month away.

Getting psyched to bench today and maybe some other chest work. And what else? Upper upper? We’ll see.

I think it started to snow when I walked out the door. I walked to the trolley, 20 minutes, well maybe a bit less now, I’m stepping a bit faster.

YMCA – Chestmageddon Day !!
Bench press
Pyramids
160 x 5
Starting heavier, and they went up strong.
175 x 5
Felt that set. (forgot about yesterday’s work at Temple.)
190 x 5
Dayum!! Surprisingly heavy.
200 x 2+1
Got 3 last time. A step back, but I’ll deal with it.
180 x 5
Feels light after 200
170 x 6

150 x 7
#8 just wouldn’t go up
140 x 7
I just got stuck doing 7 reps, but it’s a lucky #.

Incline bench press, dumbbells: 45 lbs. 8 + 10 + 12. Yes!!
Cable cross neutral height, 30 x 10; 40 x 8 + 8 . left elbow and felt the chest, so this shish is working.

Lunges FINALLY!! 25 lbs dbs – 20 steps. These still exhaust me. I am not the king yet! Stability and stretch – the Y is empty, maybe 10 people here. Snow’s heavier.

Post protein shake.. last day of the session. Chilled and chores. Some pix, too…

Charts & Tables -
Day
Sunday
2-8
Monday
2-9
Tuesday
2-10
Wednesday
2-11
Thursday
2-12
Friday
2-13
Saturday
2-14
Ave.
Weight
186.6
190
189
191.2
189.2
190
190
189.4
Body Fat
17.1
18.4
17.5
18.9
18.1
18
17.8
17.9
H2O
60.6
59.7
60.3
59.3
59.9
60
60.2
60
Muscle mass
43.1
42.4
42.9
42.1
42.5
42.6
42.7
42.6
MM:BF
2.52
2.30
2.45
2.23
2.35
2.37
2.40
2.38

Session by session weight gain/loss chart.
Session
Gain
(lbs.)
Loss
Net
Total Gain
Tot. Loss
Total
I
9.0
6.0
3.0
9.0
6.0
3.0
II
4.0
6.5
-2.5
13
12.5
0.5
III
7.5
8.5
-1.0
20.5
21
-0.5
IV
7.0
6.0
1.0
27.5
27
-0.5
V
5.5
6.0
-0.5
33
33
0
VI
3.8
6.0
-2.2
36.8
39
-2.2
VII
6.3
7.5
-1.2
43.1
46.5
-3.4
VIII
6.8
6.2
0.6
49.9
52.7
-2.8
IX
1.8
1.2
0.6
51.7
53.9
-2.2
X
1.0
0.8
0.2
52.7
54.7
-2
XI
4
3
1
56.7
57.7
-2.2
XII
3
1.2
1.8
59.7
58.9
.8
XIII
5.2
5
.2
64.9
63.9
1
XIV
8.3
7
1.3
73.2
70.9
2.3
XV
9.7
7.8
1.9
82.9
78.7
4.2
XVI
7.8
9.3
-1.5
90.7
88
2.7
XVII
8.2
5.6
2.6
98.9
93.6
5.3

Weight, body fat and muscle mass… and new muscle mass:body fat ratio. I am going for 3:1 and aiming for 82 lbs. of muscle and wondering how long that will take and if it’s possible.
Week of
Body fat
H2O
MMass
MM:BF
9-13
34.5
110.7
78.4
2.27:1
9-20
33.4
112
79
2.36:1
9-27
33
112.2
79.6
2.41:1
10-04
34.3
111.1
79
2.30:1
10-11
33.6
110.3
79.4
2.36:1
10-18
32.8
110.7
78.8
2.40:1
10-25
32.6
111.5
79.2
2.43:1
11-01
32.2
111.6
79.2
2.46:1
11-08
31.7
111.6
79.3
2.50:1
11-15
33.8
111.3
79.1
2.34:1
11-22
33.5
112.1
79.5
2.37:1
11-29
33.2
112.3
79.8
2.40:1
12-06
32.9
112.7
80
2.43:1
12-13
34.3
111.6
80.1
2.33:1
12-20
33.5
113.1
80.3
2.40:1
12-27
33.9
113.7
80.7
2.38:1
1-03-15
34.3
112.6
80
2.33:1
1-10-15
33.9
113.6
80.7
2.38:1
1-17-15
34.1
113.7
80.6
2.36:1
1-24-15
33.8
113.5
80.6
2.38:1
1-31-15
33.9
113
80
2.36:1
2-07-15
33.6
113.3
80.4
2.39
2-14-15
33.9
113.6
80.7
2.38
Ave
33.5
112.2
79.7
2.37:1

End of Session 17

No comments:

Post a Comment