Sunday, September 28, 2014

Chapter One [Summer]: Session 7



Session VII   91414 – 92714 – Looking ahead at the next two weeks I see the end of Summer (the REAL end of Summer) and thus the end of this chapter of Bajai Boot Camp #4. I’ve noticed I am paying more meticulous attention to my progress. I am keeping up with my journal(s) better and probably going a bit overboard on the charts and tables. [Charts from previous Sessions will be uploaded later. It’s a good feature to be able to add them later.]

So what am I thinking today? I am 5.6 lbs down from the day I started the 90 Day Physique Makeover. I am very satisfied and honestly impressed with myself at hitting a cardio workout every day since I started. Sometimes – on rare occasions and class days – I get two.

The Fall chapter will see me through to the end of the 90 Day project, and while I think “then what?” I have to discipline myself to focus on the moment at hand. One practice I am trying to master is thinking about the moment and not too far into the future.

I didn’t get to work out in the park as much as I wanted (or thought I wanted) – or at all. Maybe I got one park workout. I blame the rain, but the true reason is more likely that whenever I had time, I went to the gym and pumped iron. Working with heavy weights really satisfies me, like candy I guess. Not only do I get a rush, but heavy, intense resistance training is largely responsible for my apparent agelessness, (or aging in reverse as some have observed.) At some point I’ll get the article done and posted on my website. click here for the article

I want to take the Temple team into combat mode for the next two weeks. These are not weak women here, and I want them to train and believe they are badass. Hopefully it will not only raise their confidence and sharpen their survival skills, but will give them a career/scholastic edge as well. This of course remains to be seen.

Personal training is seeping back into my brain. I want to do more, but I still don’t have the time. Maybe this program will be my model for how I do it and the services I provide. I am not going to be super expensive. I’ll decide how much I want to earn, how much I’ll need to spend and price myself accordingly and seek the clients who can pay my price. Simple as that.

Okay, let’s get on with Session Seven.


91414 [Sunday #88] – Waning Gibbous in Gemini  - wake 186.2: 19.8: 58.8: 41.8

AM workout 21 minutes “power” cardio – gloves, ankle weights, bands – not sweating as much because the weather’s cooler.. DUH!  Bean/pea/turkey stew for breakfast. High protein mix & tea. Drinking too much I think [and will probably be drinking more as the weather cools.] ACV before breakfast.

Pretty chill day at work. #3 (like a stolen base). Updated and got a nod or two. Headed to the Y for back-trapz-bis … no gloves (lost one), but I can handle it.

Possible:  Barbell row reverse grip: db shrugs (maybe use wraps): bent flies: seated row: pull ups: straight arm pull down: lat pulls rev grip: face pulls: con-bi-curls? See if I get all of these in.

#4 – Got some good work in at the Y. I can’t remember a time I’ve ever regretted going to the gym, not even when I injured my shoulders (Dec ’08 & Jul ’13) I was still glad I went. The last shoulder injury I switched to legs and finished the day. Some might call it stupid, others might call it badass – and as much as I like to think I’m “badass” the (my) truth is, I was so pissed off I needed to take out my anger-energy on my legs.

YMCA

Bent BB row rev. grip
140 lbs
15 – 12 – (2x10)
Got a good starts. Reverse grip is stronger than front b/c I’m more used to it.
Barbell shrugs
250 lbs (wristwraps)
3 x 15 advance to 280 – 2 x 10
Should break the 300 plateau soon
Bent db Fly
40 lbs
4 x 15
Advance next time
Standing biceps curls
40 lbs.
10 x 12 x 16* x 10
Total reps, a little cheat on set 3.
Lat Pulls normal grip
105 lbs cable.
3 x 10/ 1 x 8
Gave up on the last set. Booo!!
Straight arm pull down
90 lbs cable
13 reps then
3 x 10
This burns my triceps, but it’s supposed to work my upper back. Got to get used to this. New muscles working I think.
Seated row, reverse grip
75 lbs. cable
3 x 15 upped to 90 & 15 more
Lf med elbow hurt, adjusted position
Face Pull
100 lbs cable
2 x 15 then
2 x 10
Step back and maybe don’t sway as much.
Rope curls

50 lbs x 15
60 lbs x 15
70 lbs x 10
80 lbs x 8
I think 80 is probably a good weight to start with next time.

90 minutes & done. Protein fruit smoothie post workout (home). Turkey, tomato & cheese for “dinner.”


91514 [Monday #89] – Last quarter – Gemini  - wake 187.5:  18.0:  60.0:   42.6

This is how I want my numbers to go. Weight, H2O, MM up – BP% down. Not a radical change today, but perhaps a sign of measures to come. Weighed in after AM cardio; and maybe that’s more ‘accurate’ (or favorable) than doing so right after I wake up. At least the body has been functioning for a while.

AM workout: slow-mo-cardio: Body weighted, hands & ankles, band work & flat leg raises. Low sweat, cool morning, going for a late (after 6AM) breakfast. (Belly Pix)

#2 – Tuna salad lunch, seems smart to stop home before the double @ the Y today. I’ll be strong enough to go hard @ Functional Fitness.

YGC & Spin were pretty intense. I coached my way through FF mainly because there were a lot of ppl who were new to the class and were used to a less intense program. Spin was okay, good sweat – calorie burn. Pre-workout drink (creatine in powdered juice) Post – t-mix, meat for dinner I guess & lentils. Then work & Temple tomorrow. How did I do all three last Monday?

BTW – homer, before the Y.

Turkey and mushrooms for quick dinner. Bed early.


91614 [Tuesday #90] – Last quarter – Gemini  - wake 185.8: 18.3: 59.8: 42.2
Felt like I was waiting for the alarm and was relieved when I could get out of bed. Had some bizarre dreams and a night/dream paralysis moment, but it was brief, (I think I was tangled in my sheets.) Cool & rainy, but low energy. Still got the 36 minutes of morning cardio in and the wt’d leg curls.

Early and unusual double this morning. First base right away. My sides were sore, probably from swinging the big 18 lb. stick at the Y. That’s something I’ll have to bring back to my repertoire – I clearly missed it and so did my obliques.

Lunch – greens, turkey, toms, peppers, chick peas #3 – Later.

Low feeling in the belly just before leaving the gig. Headed to temple for the double and maybe some shoulder work. To eat or not to eat?

Short shoulder work before TGX- Cardio Combat was fun and the crew seemed to respond to it. Aqua Box was strong & energetic.

Pre-TGX shoulders:
Standing DB press: 15 lbs: 20-20*-17*-16: feet inline made this pretty tough.
Band lateral raises (each) 10 – 12 – 14
Front raise (tandem) – 10 reps.. time for class.

I should include the wt work I did during the session.. curls, front squats etc. with the 15s.

91714 [Wednesday #91] – Waning Crescent – Cancer  - wake 186.8: 17.1: 60.6: 43.1
Measuring day & massage day and legs at the Y. I may have gone to bed too early. Maybe I just need less sleep.

Today’s numbers were recorded after 46 minutes of cardio. Nothing extreme and no burpees or PJPs. Did a weightless round then added gloves and ankle wts. For a round, and worked a few boxing rounds with the green band. (I think that’s helping my shoulder/scapula.) Oh yeah, the digits are heading exactly as I want them to. Keep bringing the body fat down and H2O &Muscle mass up and don’t worry about the weight.

Measurements aren’t much different than last time. First time this session. The numbers don’t reflect the new definition that’s emerging.
Top
99cm
Middle
91cm
Bottom
95cm
Under
97cm



This chart represents 4 years of measuring around the torso.
Ideally, I want all of these lines to point down,
except maybe the blue line.

Breakfast: lamb, shrooms, cheese omelet. Tugged a bit on the digestive system.

Good massage and conversation – Lunch T-Burg & Lentils. Legs day YMCA –
The Y has become a challenge to be at. Poor equipment selection and what they have is broken and torn up. May have to look into planet fitness. Will have to get the car running for that move. Temple is still an option, but an off-hours option.


Front squats
140 lbs
4 x 10
Improving on the reps, but the left thumb grip was a problem
Inverted leg press
8 45 lb. plates
4 x 10
Triple sets
Calf presses
8 45 lb. plates
4 x 20 – 30
Calf work has paid off, added 1.5 cm to the calve since May 2013
Calf raises
Body weight
4 sets

Shin Flex
85 lbs
4 sets 10+ reps
Had the soft tops on and wt bothered my rt foot.
Leg extensions
180 warm up
Then…
The whole rack
4 sets of whatever. I know it wasn’t 15
I figured since I can rack this machine, do it until I get to 4 x 15 then..?
Leg-X frank style
180? Maybe
Pumped out about 20
This is to work the higher quads
Leg Curls
180-ish
6 – 10 reps 4 sets
Stop under estimating leg strength.


Back home, protein & fruit smoothie. P-butter, honey, cinnamon

On second trying to get to third base before Aqua Box. More liquid – today may be a transition day. I should look for these… Third base!

Aqua Box went quickly today. I had fun. The boom box died. Day 25 is just about history. Just about 28% done. This day is notable for the numbers, but let’s see where they go tomorrow. Measurements are now taken after morning cardio.

Did a few sets of pushups, I guess the proper way, bringing my chest, chin and practically my whole body down to the floor. Ate nuts and wasabi peas before bed. No “real” dinner, per se. (A lot of what I do after sun down doesn’t get documented.)

91814 [Thursday #92] – Waning Crescent – Cancer  - wake… work/cardio 185: 17: 60.7: 43.1 (this is the best series since the new scale)

I have to remember that this is no longer my wake up weight. I felt like I was just getting to sleep when the alarm went off, so 21 minute snooze. I feel my body moves towards AM cardio automatically and only a small part of me tries to resist and fails. Looking ahead to day 91 – I cannot imagine any reason to stop. I’m already experiencing the results promised/expected, which I expect to subtly continue as I move towards day 90… Day 91 should be different but not in the sense that I don’t do cardio when I wake up. The only difference I foresee is not having the urgency of the practice. If I wake up away from home I may not feel overly compelled to get out of bed @ 4AM and train for 30 – 40 minutes.

But maybe – after 90 days of AM cardio I transition into 90 days of AM Yogaaa … Hmmmm.  Or I may do some other type of 90 plan – perhaps cross Fit with Ranger Tom. I can actually justify that as experience in the P/T field or a straight strength training regimen that’s mainly heavy lifts and low reps, but probably not a lot of heavy bench presses. Maybe go back to static holds.
Think I’ll have to switch up my training schedule. Combine upper front with upper back. remember this is for vanity – not strength or power. It’s cosmetic. My ego is still set to strength and function.

Good feedback from Keanne (MT). I’ve definitely got the “V” going on and my calves are thicker. They felt thicker when she was working on them. I should measure and compare.

Okay, mind-talk over. AM Cardio, 36 minutes. Felt I compromised running in place of course and 3 rounds of burpees, 4 – 6 – 8, 50 squats, shadow box etc. First round, second round with gloves and band work/shadow boxing. Good for upper, upper.. Last round on the mat w/ ankle wts, ab work, leg curls, butt raises, just moving limbs in different ways to gain more control and neural connections.

Early YMCA today. Upper chest, upper back. Maybe lats too – Remember – shape! Take it easy on the weight and go for reps. Have to redirect the focus of the ego.

YMCA – on third base before 0930 – wonder if I’m done for the day. Had that familiar ‘down’ feeling before the workout, but I knew I’d feel better afterwards.

UPPER BACK – UPPER CHEST
Incline BB press
100 lbs
11-12-9*-10
*tough set, no ego. On the way to 15 reps
Barbell shrugs
280 lbs
2 x 7 &
2 x 5
Down deep and slow made it harder. I’ll keep this weight.
Decline smith press
35 lbs plates
12x12x10x12
Rt shoulder, I need to open up the shoulders. Realized here, I must stop just doing the exercise and start working the muscles. Squeeze at the top. Take my own advice.
Dumbbell shrugs
50 lbs
8x11x12x13
Slow and low, deep down into the lower lats. Cuts the reps, but better results.
Front raise (rope)
40 lbs (cable)
6 – 8 (2x10)
Last 2 sets on the bosu
Face pull (rope)
100
4 x 15
Increase next time, but stabilize the body & pull closer. Open & work these muscles!!
Peck Deck
90 15 reps
105 12 x 8* x 8
Better work, cut the momentum.

1 hour 45 minutes – not including the 15 spent adjusting the smith machine.. that was my warm up.

I’m back to the two hour workout – giving it all and emptying the tank. BCAAs after. Good thing I brought train mix – Go to media for Duck salad, my new, more expensive guilty pleasure… but, YUM! Already feeling the trapz. Should I do aqua…hmmm got til 1630 to decide…. (I decided to have a nap.. ha ha.) Duck salad was awesome as usual. Homer after ad grand slam (5) at la casa.

Chilled most of the afternoon/evening. Pulled out the abs wheel and worked some seated shoulder laterals, lefty could only handle 5 lbs, righty got 8. I wan to do this but don’t like it because it reveals the weakness of my shoulders, but I have to do it to make them strong. Ahhh the paradoxes I must overcome.

Goodnight!


91914 [Friday #93] – Waning Crescent – Leo  - AM Cardio – 31 minutes, working on the lower game. Mt. climbers, PJP’s – just one set. Add gloves, wrist & ankle wts. For leg curls and atomic crunches:

185.8: 17.5: 60.3: 42 Post cardio measurements.

Beans, lamb & turkey stew for breakfast & cheese. First base – holding me up from the gig. (It’s probably the stew that’s extending the game.) Fiver before leaving the gig. Off day from lifting. Walked around Penn’s Landing with 4 lbs of nuts in my pack, in addition to the usual stuff! Guess that burned a few. Steps are my biggest challenge.

Yoga doesn’t have to be 90 days, maybe 30 or 60, or enough to make it a habit. We’ll see.

6 hits, but nothing major. Base hits and walks. Didn’t feel it was a great inning.

Hangin out/dinner with Onyx Java – good dinner on Front st., that came with pasta (Italian of course) Mussels, calamari… I’ll call it carbo-boosting. No alcohol, but lots of iced tea. Walked and talked and got a pic I may add later. Got to bed before 2300.

92014 [Saturday #94] – Waning Crescent – Leo  - WAKE well @ 4AM – didn’t take long to get it together. A sip or two of coconut H2O and AM cardio – 31 minutes. I’ve been building the rounds – first 10 is basic… run in place, some burpees – next round add gloves and ankle weights. 3rd round, on the mat… broke sweat but not dripping at the start.

189: 17.7: 60.2: 42.7 – weight reflects dinner, but the rest stay close to what’s become “normal.” Second base.

Temple legs today. Back to the sled & front squats. I should do more air squats @ home & the gig, 50 this morning during cardio session. Got to pump up the hammies. The muscles in the back are bigger and stronger than those in the front. Train accordingly.

Duck today @ the gig. Third base, but still not hitting well. What’s in store for legs day? – sled, some kind of squats (Just did squats, Wednesday) – calf work, leg curls and extensions, curls should come first… backs are stronger. Maybe some cable work and deadlifts. Reps not power.

Turned out to be a short one today. Couldn’t overcome the worn down feeling an the end of week 4. Could be, probably the restaurant food. The digestive system is trying to deal with it. Anyway – got to home plate after sled leg presses 4 x 10 618 lbs (after a warm up). Seated calf presses – too tired to be disappointed.

Sea salt purgative – but no (immediate) result. Guess there’s nothing there to purge.


Day
Sunday
9-14
Monday
9-15
Tuesday
9-16
Wednesday
9-17
Thursday
9-18
Friday
9-19
Saturday
9-20
Ave.
Weight
186.2
187.2
185.8
186.8
185
185.8
189
186.5
Body Fat
19.8
18
18.3
17.1
17
17.5
17.7
17.9
H2O
58.8
60
59.8
60.1
60.7
60.3
60.2
60
Muscle mass
41.8
42.6
42.4
43.1
43.1
42
42.7
42.5

Ave Body Fat 33.4 lbs. … 112 lbs H2O … 79 lbs Muscle Mass – week ending Sept 20, 2014

92114 [Sunday #95] – Waning Crescent – Leo – wake – it was kind of crazy. I actually got out of bed at 4am – talking myself into the morning exercise and went back to bed for about 21 minutes. Then got up and returned to the Eat Sweat Zodiac protocol… it did not disappoint. 31 minutes, two rounds through the zodiac, including burpees (10 each round) and PJPs. Leg work with double ankle weights (10 lbs each leg) – curls, flat raises, front extensions. Yes, it felt good. I should extend this to 50-60 minutes on off days.

Tea, lamb, onions, shrooms & egg whites for breakfast. Base hit before the gig.

188: 19.5: 58.9; 41.8 -  I wasn’t happy with these numbers, but I think they reflect what I ate in the past couple of days; the duck, salmon, shrimp pasta salad… probably the mayonnaise in the salad. My game’s not right.. probably more vegetables in the next several days.

Going for chest & back today. Figure I can do this 3 days apart and make them very different sessions. Maybe that third day will be for shaping arms, shoulders, forearms, etc. do calves daily… I guess I get that with the morning cardio ‘run.’

Got the homer, sea salt took longer but it did a job. Leftover duck & greens for lunch [gig] made me feel better for chest/back day @ the Y.  Muscle memory is kicking in for the chest work.

Incline DB press
50 lbs.
13 x 12 x 10 x 11
+pull-ups; 5 x 7 x 6 x 5
T-Bar rows
45 plate
8, (3 x 10)
Wow! First time in a while. This surprised me. Worth it though.
Flat Flies db
40 lbs.
12 x 12 x h10 x 12
Grip issue. Good wait. I can stay here until I can straighten my arms.
Ez bar upright row
15s on each side
4 x 15
Increase to 20s on each side.
Straight arm raise
20 lbs.
4 sets – 10 – 15 each.
Stick at this weight, or maybe 25. A lot of weight is not necessary.
Straight arm
Push down
45 lbs x 15 warm up
60 lbs.
8-6-6
Cable work. Lat machine is heavier. Much tougher.
Peck deck
105 lbs.
13-10-8-10
Good weight, maybe a touch more
Face pull
100 warm up 15 reps
120 lbs. (4 x 10)
Focus on the negative, stabilize body/core. Work on form.
Seated incline press
60 lbs.
4 x 12
Low arm position, so lower chest work.

Good day’s work. Walk back from the Y. car accident on the tracks held up the trolley. Spicy (not so much anymore) chicken wrap [7-11] for the road. No need for a big dinner. I could use a shower though.

Peanut butter, cinnamon & honey – nice snack.

92214 [Monday #96] – Waning Crescent – Virgo – Autumn, welcome day 30. 22 minutes cardio. Could’ve done more. This really woke me up and got me going. YMCA double today. I need to eat more during the day.

188: 17.4: 60.4; 42.9

Bkft – lamb, shrooms, onions, eggs. I felt sleepy most of the morning, even after cardio. Third base.

Double @ the Y done – but exhausted. Next wind please.

92314 [Tuesday #97] – New Moon Virgo – Ignored the alarm today. Got up after a couple extra hours and went to cardio, 46 minutes, including gloves, ankle weights and back bends, bands & burpees and PJPs. Good stuff – went rather quickly.

186.6:  17.1: 60.6: 43.1 -  Nice to be at 43.1% muscle mass. Can I get more?

Second base. Project kitchen (cleaning). Ready for Temple double. Cardio sculpt combat & Aqua Box. Finished strong today. Third base.

92414 [Wednesday #98] – New Moon in Libra – Slow wake up today. I don’t even remember hearing the alarm. Woke up after an hour or two – just before sunrise. 31 minutes cardio & first base. My numbers went the “wrong” direction –

186.6: 18: 60: 42.6: muscle mass. Weight stayed the same. This has me wondering if lifting days make a difference. I’ll look into that – or at least pay closer attention.

Prepping for early legs day at the Y. Deadlifts, leg press, extensions, curls, basic stuff … and calves of course. Maybe just an hour or 90 minutes, max. maybe even some back squats or, ugh.. lunges.

Third base – strong game today. Bkft – TCB, shrooms, spinach omelet. Been doing daily creatine/beta alanine pre-workout drinks.

Today’s Leg Day turned out better than expected.

Romanian Dead lift
140 lbs.
15x15x10x12
Although the weight was low it was a challenge.
(These are tri-sets)
Calf raises
(singles)
Body weight
25x20x25x25 each
Toes out set 3
Toe in set 4
Crunches
(legs over  bench)

50x50x75x100
Been neglecting the abs during the workout. Bringing it back.
Inverted leg press
(smith)
4 plates to 8 plates
20 then 3 x 15
Sets 3 & 4 with 8 plates.
(tri-sets)
Calf presses
Weight matches above
50x35x20x25

Decline situps
Body
10x11x15x20
I haven’t done these in such a long time, I struggled with 10.. Went from pathetic to a little stronger, to begging, but finished strong(er0. I need to do these every time I’m at the Y!
Air Squats
Body
50

Leg curls
150 cable
15x12x10x12

Calf press (on chest press machine)
255 cable
50x50x40

Leg extensions
180 lbs warm up, then the rack (255lbs - cable)
15 warm up;
8x7x7
I decided to just work with the rack until I get to 4 sets of 15 or 20
Calf press/slide
295 lbs.
2 x 40
Big stretches and out. 2 hours, but a strong 2 hours.

Homer at the Y.
#5 Getting the job done. Lunch out probably – then Aqua Box and chill.

Salmon salad with the brothers before Aqua Box. #6 – energetic class. Still some time left.

Dentist appt tomorrow.

92514 [Thursday #99] – waxing Crescent – Libra – Rainy and cool. Made it out of bed by 0426 and eventually got to 31 minutes of AM Cardio, non-stop! Moving H2O breaks, including burpees and strong PJP’s and low jump-lunge squats.

186.6: 18.4: 59.7: 42.4 -  odd results after yesterday’s leg day, 6 hits, aqua Box and salmon salad with the brothers and several iced teas…

Extended the fast and had a series of 3, 31 minute snoozes. Turkey burger, spinach & cheese, bkft. (pb-honey-& cinn) earlier.
Good dental check – no cavities.
YMCA – Chest/back/calves
One arm bent row
60 lbs
3 x 15
1 x 12 @ 70 lbs

Calf raise smith (bar)
70 lbs each side + riser
20x20x15x10
These were tougher than I thought they’d be.
Decline situps
Body
12 x 12x15
Tri-sets. The sit ups were a little stronger, but not enough.
Decline press smith
35s x 15, increase to 45s
10x10x12
I could feel the strength coming.
Muscle memory kicking in.
Bent Flys
40 lbs
3 x 10, 1 x 12
Almost skipped these.
Shin flex
60 lbs x 25
70(?) lbs. 2 x 20
Done in les than 60 minutes. Good after burn too.

Aqua box was strong, energetic, fun and it went fast. Diner dinner, omelet, asparagus, swiss & shrooms, should hold me over. Busy day., but accomplished.

Second base strong. Late in the day, but it’s hard to follow a 6-top. Oh well… Tim’s art event after and maybe a triple off day tomorrow. No work, No classes, No training.

92614 [Friday #100] – waxing Crescent – Libra – So it’s day 100… 8 hours sleep… ignored the chimes. Midnight to 0800. Worked through 36 mins of cardio that went faster that I thought. Used gloves, ankle weights & bands today. No lifting today but maybe maintenance on arms and shoulders at home, later.

185: 16.8: 60.9: 43.2: - posting best numbers of the year/session. Going into the weekend and social events, but two days of lifting coming should offset the celebration(s). Good workout for the discipline too. Week 6 is also starting.

Long-ish easy walk to the market and back. Usually close to an hour of walking. Some biceps and shoulder work at the house. Shoulders need more work with light weights, body and bands, just to get stronger and developed.

Tried a few body motion moves; deep squat and twist, back touch the floor. High bridges on the ball worked out quit well. I can remember not being able to execute that move.

92714 [Saturday #101] – Waxing Crescent – Scorpio – Woke strong after a good night’s sleep and bizarre dream @ 0400, with the alarm. Today is the end of week 5 of the 90 Day Physique Make Over, the end of Session of Bajai Boot Camp 4 as well as the end of Chapter 1 – The Summer.

31 Minutes cardio – It took me a while to get to it, but there’s no question that this is how I’m going to start my day. I don’t dare even experiment with skipping it. It’s so ingrained in my lifestyle now that I know it will have a negative effect on me.

185: 17%: 60.7; 43.1 – These numbers impressed me once, but now they are going in the wrong direction. I want to be solidly in the 16%s of body fat and 43%s in muscle mass… aiming for 45% muscle mass & 14% body fat in the next 30 days maybe? Is this too conservative? We’ll have to see what happens. I’m going to continue as I have been. If I feel the need to go harder, or if I find I have more energy to go harder and/or longer I will. I think I’ll have to, to hit my goals, although I’m not sure those goals are attainable based on how hard or long I exercise. I think the body is largely in charge. I’m sure muscle will grow and fat will burn/decrease, just not in a predictable way. I could be wrong, this is why I keep charts and tables and notes. I’m no mathematician, but there might be some kind of formula that will “predict” fat loss & muscle gain. I haven’t been counting calories, either burned or consumed – that would have to be plugged into the equation as well.

Anyway – pretty sure it’ll be Temple legs today. Last week was a bit disappointing, but these days happen. I’ll go back today and hit the sled and maybe add 20 lbs to the front squats. I was debating – I got 4 sets of 10 at some point [maybe at the Y] and although 15 reps is the magic number, I think I’m ready to get my shoulders acclimated to a heavier weight. So maybe the usual routine up there.

Second base and in the batter’s in the box. (Catching up with the journaling at the gig today.) Third base.

TEMPLE LEGS – was better this week. Didn’t get to front squats, racks were occupied. Got the sled, 618 4 sets, plus a warm up, but they were rough. Leg extensions on the plate machine, progressed from 45, 55, 60 to 70 (each side). I progressed the weight and reduced the reps. Seated calf press – left foot/ankle is weak here. Leg press slide w/ calf press, not heavy weight so just went 3 rounds non-stop. Cable calf machine and leg curls, which were pretty intense. Have to take my own advice and over work the hammies. Strong 60 minutes.

Managed to be out – have a salad & grilled chicken and o alcohol… score!!

Day
Sunday
9-21
Monday
9-22
Tuesday
9-23
Wednesday
9-24
Thursday
9-25
Friday
9-26
Saturday
9-27
Ave.
Weight
188
188
186.6
186.6
186.6
185
185
186.5
Body Fat
19.5
17.4
17.1
18
18.4
16.8
17
17.7
H2O
58.9
60.4
60.6
60
59.7
60.9
60.7
60.2
Muscle mass
41.8
42.9
43.1
42.6
42.4
43.2
43.1
42.7

Fat: 33 lbs.; H2O: 112.25 lbs.; MM 79.6 lbs.
Actual weight of Body Fat/H2O/Muscle Mass – weekly September 2014
(Lbs.)
9-06-14
9-13-14
9-20-14
9-27-14
Body Fat
34.3
34.5
33.4
33
H2O
111.2
110.7
112
112.25
Muscle Mass
79.1
78.4
79
79.6


Session
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
Totals
Gain
9
4.0
7.5
7
5.5
3.8
6.3
43.1
Loss
6
6.5
8.5
6
6
6
7.5
46.5
Net
3
-2.5
-1.0
1
-0.5
-2.2
-1.2

Tot.
3
0.5
-0.5
0.5
0
-1.2
-3.4
-3.4

Goodbye summer. I’m down 7 lbs since I started this 90 day session within (August 24th, 2014) the Boot camp year, (the -3.4 lbs. on the table reflects weight lost since June 19th  2014.) We also have to allow for a new scale as well. [I can be such a nerd at times, I want the math to work out exactly, but I often make tiny mistakes that throw the calculations off.]

The last five weeks have been very satisfying and enlightening. Going into week six at the beginning of a new Session/Chapter is exciting. I’m pretty much on auto pilot with the AM cardio now, but I can’t slack. I need to get the video done and posted as well. Try not to have an ego about it. Ok, just a few more lines to fill out and I can post this one. Cheers.

End of Chapter I: Let’s get ready for the Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment