Sunday, May 10, 2015

Chapter IV: Spring - Session XXIII



Session XXIII: 42615 – 50915

42615 [Sunday #312] – Wake Brooklyn (average numbers today). It’s a travel day and first of the new session. I usually have a whole philosophic rap about a new session, but nothing comes to mind at the moment… maybe later. I can and did make a 30 minute workout happen.

Round I: [NS] we’re making massive moves so far. And this is normal. 31 minute slow movement montage; stretch, balance, joint work. I honestly under appreciate this kind of work, so I don’t do it as much as I should. It should probably do it shortly before bed.
November 2011. You'll get some 
current pix this blog

Good sleep, bizarre dreams I can’t explain… (orange hair). Calves cramping again. Over work? Dehydrated, or a combo… I speculate.

Round II: [NS] – Chez Oskar’s for brunch, then a walk around Brooklyn to DUMBO and a round of dark-n-stories at SuperFine, and more walking about.

Travel day, trail mix, H2O, tea before bed, back in Philly. ACV, chlorella and good night.

42714 [Monday #313] – Pretty good numbers considering… 185 – 16.8 – 60.9 – 43.2 – a couple of days of drinking, (honestly, not much) in Brooklyn… but it takes a couple of days to adjust.

Round I: [SF]… Mostly movement and stretch workout this AM, then changing – about 40 minutes total. Long fast, about to break it with eggs, probably. Got errands and maybe 5x5 before the YMCA classes. No need to get out too early.

Chanting = results, but what… Just a magnification of the good stuff I’ve got going on now. Less body fat, more muscle… leaner, more tolerant, nicer, find my “imagined” GF… still cynical about that… but maybe less cynicism.

First Meal: beans….
Second meal: t-burger, 2 eggs, spinach… to the Y… probably a triple (workout) today. If I can lift all week – the morning stuff can be flex, stretch, balance, core… FSBC.

Round II: [NS]…

YMCA – work: I opted out of the 5x5 today, kicked it ole skool w/ some vanity work.


Tri Sets:
Pull ups: 6+5+7 – went up pretty easy too. Close grip, Smith.
Incline db Bench: 45 lbs… 3 x 10
Seated shrugs; 45 lbs … 3 x 10


Super Sets:
Bent flies 45 lbs… 3 x 10
DB Front raises 20 lbs. 3 x 20 (Total)


Super Sets:
Biceps Curls: 20 lbs. x 20; 30 lbs x 16; 40 lbs. x 10 + 8
Standing triceps press (DB): 50 lbs. 3 x 10

Cables: standing Row: 100 x 20; 140 x 14; 160 x 10 + 8 – Much stabilization in the core & calves.
Triceps – overhead extensions 3, 4, sets.
Standing face pull, up high – 4 sets of 10 60 – 90 lbs. More stability.

This turned into a combo vanity and ole skool thang.
Day 45 of 90, April 28, 2015, just a slight difference

Functional Fitness & Spin were both good, strong, participation good on my part.

La Casa: fruit shake, gainer, egg… tea of course. No need for dinner. Almonds and cashews.. ACV & Chlorella before bed.

42815 [Tuesday #314] – Wake – had a bowl of broth/stew before the 36 minute workout – mainly joint rotation and movement. And that small amount filled me up… or so it seems.

The numbers – 185 – 17.8 – 60.1 – 42.7 – could be due to anything from Sunday brunch to this morning’s soup sample. So I’m not going to fret much. I’m at the half way point with the 90 day thing. Measuring day in a couple, then I have to start prepping for Zona.

Left shoulder feels like it’s been injured. ROM is pretty good, but lateral elevation is somewhat painful. May have to go backward on the 5 x 5… booo! But ya never know. More morning joint work may do the trick.

Round I: [HS] – Then out to the gig. Left knee… soreness – maybe it’s time for lunges. Maybe some pushups today at the gig. Been chanting too. It keeps BS thoughts from invading my mind, if nothing else. I do see pictures when I chant.
I rarely show the legs but I work'em... 4-26-15

Round II: [NS] – got some fruit with me today, blue & strawberries and pineapple. This might become the normal for warm weather… in season stuff.

Round III: [NS] – Lunch, Park’s 103% salmon, chicken, turkey, greens, cabbage, avocado. That’s the recipe.
Round IV: [NS] –
Round V: [SS] – YMCA… 5 x 5 day.

I was a bit nervous about this one because the left shoulder was sore and weak. No pre-drink, but got the supps in.

I got through the squats. After 2 warm ups I put up 250 lbs pretty strong. Fairly deep, legs close [hip distance] and feet forward. I think I can do 260 – 270 next time.

Military Press: was a different story. 105 gave me trouble so I backed it off all the way to 70 lbs. and got it done. I’ll increment by 5’s – got to respect the shoulders. I may have to do the same with the bench press – but I can probably get 80 lbs up next time.
Here's a look at December 2013, the year I decided to get bigger.


Dead lifts – warm up set 230, then jump in to 320… 1 x 3 [1 rep less than last time, grrr] it’s the grip strength. I’m staying here for a while until the grip catches up. I did a follow up set of 2, which I think I’ll start doing, until I get the full set of 5, I’ll do multiple sets. Don’t give into the temptation to use wraps. Maybe I’ll ditch the gloves.

Lunges; aren’t part of the 5 x 5, but this takes only 30 minutes so I throw in a set of lunges because I hate them [but actually love the results and benefits I’m getting]. 3 x 10.

Seaweed was my immediate post workout snack. Made a shake at home, had a bowl of broth, and chicken hearts, romaine and peppers for ‘dinner.’ I may have done some shoulder work before bed… read a bit then out.
After the Fall 90 Day - November 2014, tightening up, even the gut

42915 [Wednesday #315] – Measuring Day – Wake up.. double snooze. More balance, flex, stretch, etc. with shoulder work, 8s and 3s… 31 minutes. Need to make a routine for this, 6 exercises including single leg squats, downward dog walks, vinyasa pushups and such. Much twisting and opening. Not quite yoga, but inspired by it. [why not just do yoga? Good question.]

Numbers got better but still in the red zone – 185 – 17.2 – 60.6 – 43weight hasn’t changed. This is the latest plateau.

Round I [HS] – early. Thinking vanity day at the Y… Upper-upper… arms for sure & calves/shins, the usual. Got to keep SOMA alive.

These are from 4-28-15 - leaner, more defined. in only 2 years!!
I don’t know how much control I have over these numbers. For the most part the body is going to do what it does, but I can help to an extent… mostly with food and activity.

I’m pretty sure the ACCO store changed their sugar. It looks and tastes different. Maybe it’s time to change my tea habit. Better to do this when the weather is warmer. Maybe I’ll make lemonade as my back up drink.

Round II: [SS] – The gig.. tendon and ligament strengthening. Get some pushups today [50 total. GRRR I used to do that in a single set… oh, the “old” days of “youth.”]

Lunch: Park’s 101% - the usual dish.

Round III: [SS] YMCA – Vanity Day… this was work!!

THE WORK


Triple sets – (or mini circuit, 5 rounds)

Calf raises: 270 lbs on smith bar: 2 x 10; 2 x 12; 1 x 15

Skullies: 70 lbs x 12; 75 lbs. 2 x 10; 80 lbs. x 6 + 8

Shin Flex: 75 lbs: 25 + 20 + 26 + 30 + 25



Triple sets – (3 rounds)

Standing Flys – 20s 2 x 12; 25s 1 x 12 [shoulder held up]

Triceps Pull over – 75 lbs. 3 x 10

Curls – 30 lbs.  3 x 14 (total)


Reverse EZ Curls 40 lbs 1 x 12;  50 lbs. 3 x 10

Cable work:
Reverse grip standing row 110 – 130 lbs 3 – 4 sets, 6 – 10 reps.
(Assisted Pistols) basically I’m holding on to something as I’m doing this. This is a mofo to conquer.

Face pulls (rope) 110 – 120 lbs. 3 sets 8 – 10 reps.

Leg Curls 165  3 x 6 (feet flexed)

This was work. But feeling a bit stronger. Shoulder held up. Measure when I get home, because I forgot it was measuring day. Gainer, fruit, eggs, chia, hemp shake.

Torso measurements
4-29-15
3-15-15
Difference
Plexus
98 cm
101 cm
- 3 cm
Hips
91 cm
94 cm
- 3 cm
Navel
97 cm
98 cm
- 1 cm
Waist
97 cm
98 cm
-1 cm
Chest
101 cm
n/a

Butt
104 cm
n/a

Shoulders
123 cm



Analysis
I can legitimately declare that I shed 8 cms from my torso. It’s been a long time since I measured the chest, shoulders and butt, however the numbers are pretty much the same. Looking back at my dimensions 45 days ago [the last measuring day] – I find that they are statistically identical regarding weight, [fat & muscle] as today. Essentially I am maintaining [although I’m infamous for not believing in maintenance.] Visually, the bod seems to be better defined, certainly to my eyes, if not confirmed by my scale. The electro-scale body fat meter isn’t the best way to measure but it’s all I’ve got. Skin fold tests might yield different results.

During the 315 days of this Boot Camp Year, I’m starting to think that the numbers don’t mean that much. Yet, at the same time measuring is a good tool/strategy for keeping one’s self honest. I will probably continue, because I like to make the charts and see the progress that way, however if someone (a client perhaps) absolutely refused to keep such records, I couldn’t launch a passionate argument in favor of it.

Night Life
The shoulder [left] stiffened up after the work at the Y, so I played with some pseudo-Indian Club exercises, which seemed to help. Better pass on the 5 x 5 tomorrow – have an extra day and hit it hard Friday, (Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday schedule might work.) OK… chlorella and ACV before bed… the usual time. 



43015 [Thursday #316] – wake one snooze, then up and into the morning work; balance, stretch, flex, etc. 31 minutes. Still working with the 8s, working on the shoulders, 1 legged squats and condors, it’s coming together.

Weigh in, eh… 185 – 17.2 – 60.6 – 43nothing special. Numbers are flat & in the red zone.

Beef stew for breakfast, expecting strong satiation. Of course there was tea… considering a break from 5x5 and hitting the park… maybe a run and calisthenics… practice some of those animal moves.

Round I: [NF] - @ the gig… 20 pushups + 25 more.  It’s a chore, but they must be done.

Lunch, Park’s 100% - the usual.

Round II: [NS] – late; looks like it’ll be a break day, still thinking about the park.

Straight home for a change, no gym, no park… my version of a break day, but still worked the shoulders (I feel like I am rehabbing them, but didn’t suffer an injury – that I know of) – with the pipes and leg flex, plyo and balance work. (I never really take a break). Got a little done around the house – but not much. Did not eat out of boredom, but did snack on nuts and cheese on either side of dinner – a bowl of stew… it’s good. Shoulders are feeling better, but got to keep the fluids flowing. Limited myself to one cup of tea with coconut oil in it.

That’s it… keep thinking low carb, high fat and keep the protein steady...  [no supplements, (BCAA’s Creatine/ drink) today], seems to be good where it is. Keep moving, keep changing… hope it works when I’m walking.

Going for my ACV then, good night.

MAY 2015 – People Like to say “Hello” to May  

50115 [Friday #317] – 185 – 17.2 – 60.6 – 43 – Same plateau – not bad for a non-workout day after.

Round I: [HS] first thing.

31 minutes, morning montage, whatever came to mind; shoulder work, low game jumps, ankle weight work, mountain climbers.. it went fast. Worked with the 8s and the rods.. what did I call them yesterday? [Pipes].

Round II: [NS] – Gig. Heavy.

5 x 5 later today; 260 lbs squats, 180 bench, 160-170 bent row?

Round III: [SS] – Lunch time, Park’s 96% The usual.

Round IV: [NS] – YMCA 5 x 5 Pre-drink, supps.

Don’t want to call this one a ‘fail,’ but I had to modify a bit due to the left side shoulder-back complex.. and on the squat, because I apparently advanced too quickly. The plus side is, I found my weight limits.

Squats (5 x 5), + 2 warm ups [140 + 230]. Modified the depth of the squat to get the reps. I was thinking I could do this weight for the rest of the year. It would help me better control the bar & weight, go deeper and improve form. But, I’m not that patient. (Am I?)

Bench Press – this is where the back/shoulder issue came in. The plan was to go 180 in reality, after 2 warm up sets [140 & 160], 180 x 5 was tough and I was concerned about another injury, so I dropped to 160, got 5 too easy; up to 170.. 5 more. Back to 180 for  4 and 3 reps sets. I took it, grudgingly.

Bent rows – 170 5 x 5, this was the only exercise that went as expected, but I can still polish up the form, so I’ll stay at this weight for a few weeks too.

So that’s the story. Out in half an hour, mixed feelings, and certain feelings about this week in general. Home, shake and maybe… foam rolling.

La Casa: Got some foam rolling in, for the shoulder and back mostly. Working with the pipes. Seems I got a bit of a routine going. Hopefully it will improve right, elbow, forearm, shoulder strength, flexibility, speed and power.

Chlorella & ACV and 2x tea… and bed. G’nite.

50215 [Saturday #318] – Wake, one snooze and get to work – body flex, 8’s, downward dog walks – side lunges/stretches – more about the flex than the sweat… but I did break one… a sweat, that is.

Day 4 on this plateau – 185 – 17.2 – 60.6 – 43 – maintaining a 2.50:1 ratio, but it’s not where I want to be.

Turkey burger & eggs for breakfast.
Round [NS] – then to the gig.

Round II: [SSB] – Lunch, Park’s 78% salmon and greens and cabbage.

Round III: [DF] – Vanity Day at the Y. Less than enthusiastic. Left side sore and weak right down to the oblique.

2 Blocks of triple sets. 3 exercises; 5 rounds each. Stuck with the same weight for most exercises and too lazy to record them. Too (tired or smart) to increase weight every set. Pre-drink and supps.


Block One:

Calf Raises [smith] – were strong, at least 15 reps after the first set of 10 reps.

Skullies – gave me a struggle. Moderate weight [75lbs I think]. Got a few sets of ten reps early, but had to settle for 6 on the last one.

Shin Flex – the anterior tibialis is strong, it’s the placement of the weight most of the time… 85 lbs, 5 sets of at least 20





Block Two:

Shrugs [smith] – were tough but strong. Used 4 plates (45 lbs ea.) and picked up some 5s and 10s from the floor. Got 10s every set.

Pull overs – were challenging, used the 85 db, good weight. About 8 reps each. I can stay here.

EZ bar Curls – same wt as the skullies, inside elbows… pain, 5 sets of 6. Gunz were blazin’ tho. I probably don’t need much more wt, but those tendons in the bows must be strengthened.


Finished up with some wrist curls.

HOME – shake – adding cinnamon to the mix and it’s good. Worked on shoulders and washed my wallet.. duh! [This is a very important item to mention.]


Last week was entirely in the red zone…  this week’s Red Zone +184.3, 17.1% BF & <60.6% H2O, 43.1% Muscle & 2.52:1 MM:BF ratio – We did not meet last week’s standards for whatever reason!! However as I usually predict, what was once impressive will become standard, then unacceptable.

Day
Sunday
4-26
Monday
4-27
Tuesday
4-28
Wednesday
4-29
Thursday
4-30
Friday
5-01
Saturday
5-02
Ave.
Weight
185*
185
185
185
185
185
185
185
Body Fat
17.1
16.8
17.8
17.2
17.2
17.2
17.2
17.2
H2O
60.7
60.9
60.1
60.6
60.6
60.6
60.6
60.7
Muscle mass
43.1
43.2
42.7
43
43
43
43
43
Ratio
2.52
2.57
2.40
2.50
2.50
2.50
2.50
2.50

* out of town average




50315 [Sunday #319] – Day off. BSR day, but I’m not runnin’. Slept in. Gotto do the AM work – and can relax the rest of the day… but there are chores. Yard work.

Two early rounds… [NS]

Three rounds of eat sweat protocol and got a sweat too. The online interval clock really keeps me focused. 21 minutes of eat sweat and the next 10 working shoulders and stretching, etc.

Weigh in 183.8 – 16.5 – 61.1 – 43.4 – 2.63:1 – I felt yesterday, like something had changed. A break through; not with weight training, but the GI track. Further, I told myself, I needed to get back into the Eat sweat flow. Good day to start… (beginning of a new week). I also feel that days off are a contributing factor. I sleep longer and extend my fast. I’m not in a rush to do anything and don’t have to be anywhere. Last week of work coming up, then off for 15 … including a week in Zona… so no pressure. I can get the proper elements in… training wise.

Okay – cup of tea before the Eat Sweat. Probably do a gainer shake before official breakfast. Made an interval timer for eat sweat. Ot helped a lot.

Gardening. Shoulder work (with the pipes). Lunch, eggs & hearts & spinach) – Chanting. More tea. Got into the cammies that didn’t fit a month ago. Hard to believe it was a one centimeter difference. I may have measured wrong. [Ha, wrong pants. I thought this was funny enough to keep in. The one’s I had in mind still don’t fit.]

Round III: [NS] – right time. Right style. Walk in the sun – for shopping – 30-40 minutes.

Not worrying, but wondering if the weight will change tomorrow. I’m gonna make more soup.

Round IV [SS] – long day. Early eve. After a decent nap. Making turkey soup in the crock – smells good. The bod is doing good work. I may do some arm work tonight and stretch. Been working with the pipes regularly. Good for grip, elbow and shoulder rotation, strength and reflexes.

Round V; [DP] – full moon… maybe this is significant to today’s activities and the weight drop. Time for some chest work. Need to beef up a bit.

Note: should probably alternate 5 x 5 to include incline bench presses.

HOME WORK –
Incline db presses 30s 3 x 10 eccentric focused.
Spring Bar Bends
Isomentrics, Bull worker squeeze.

Cup of tea w/ coconut oil. Chlorella. Don’t forget the ACV (need more).  I can probably stay uplater tonight due to napping. Got to get up strong tomorrow & train. Seems like it’s been a long day.

50414 [Monday #320] – Up… kind of strong.. deep sleep. No get-ups over night. Even with the nap, I slept well.

Round I: [NS] – Light warm up.

Eat Sweat 28 minutes, including 3 rounds of cardio and 1 round of stretching and abs.

Weigh in- 183 – 16.5 – 61.1 – 43.4 – The week is starting strong. Beware of pitfalls and temptations.

Tea, turkey soup for bkft. Let’s see how this holds me over.

Round II: [NS] Nickels and dimes, before the gig.

Lunch, Park’s 100% - no turkey today.

Round III: [NS] – Light work today.

Half the salad satisfied. Wow! Trail mix munching from 0800 – 1000, daily. That’s the usual routine. I can finish lunch closer to the workout. It’s a 5 x 5 day and double @ the Y, so I’m thinking maybe skip 5 x 5 today in lieu of something else. We’ll see. Things can change in a few hours.

Round IV: [SS] – For real. Big change in progress.
Round V:[DP] – second day straight. Something in the shy??

YMCA 5 x 5 – Changed it up and backed it off. Made it through.

Front Squats 130 – done. Pretty easy. Good way to get my form together. Have to try and not lean forward too much.

Military Press – 80 lbs. Done – strength is there, but the left shoulder is aching and that’s holding me back.

Incline bench press – 105 done. Once again, left shoulder. So I think I need to be disciplined enough to stick with these weights until the shoulder heals.

Lunges 40 lbs… 3 x 10.. left knee – this left side is a mess. I may have to get back to acupuncture and MT is MIA.

Class was strong – good energy and participation. Shoulder is sore, rehab continues. Spin.. extra good. Ending it this month. Headed home. Lunch and everything else held me over through the lifting, and two classes. Wasn’t hungry afterwards.

Gainer shake – and bowl of turkey soup and tea. Wondering if I am going to pay for this.
Chlorella, ACV, bed… noidea what time. I was exhausted when I got back to my cave.

50515 [Tuesday #321] – Double snooze – workout – extended fast. 185.4 – 17.3 – 60.5 – 43 – soup and/or gainer shake??

This morning was a typical Tuesday. Burned out from Monday’s workouts and classes. Just a bunch of movements in 30 second intervals, which included some pipe work and joint rotation, balance and kicks, but it wasn’t energetic. Then the numbers… boom! – right back… it was the soup, or just eating a bunch of stuff close together. We’ll see how it metabolizes. Considered skipping breakfast, but didn’t. T-burger – kale – egg.

Round I: [NS] – To the gig. Chanting as I walk to the train. Not sure these words actually communicate with the “universe.” One could probably chant supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and get similar results.

Sneezing too much today @ the gig and stuffy nose. What is this?

No TUGX today, or this week. Might just take a day off. Yoga @ home, maybe let the systems recover.

Round II: [NS] – Lunch. Park’s 97% - turkey in the mix today and ate it all!!

Still haven’t decided what kind of workout I’ll do… but I’ve got to stop staying in the house. Oh, got to check PFCU post gig.

Round III: [SS] – still thinking.. can I maybe run??

Round IV: [NS] – no biggie.

PARK WORK – (yes, I made it to the Park!)

Jog half a mile with backpack… (maybe 5 – 10 lbs) This was rough and I thought I’d at least make a mile. Calisthenics and pipe work. Lateral movement, and throwing a big (25 lbs maybe) log around, lifting and squatting and more throwing (front toss, over the head, sideways) [Video]. Finish up with a few lateral jumps over the bench. Pre-drink and supps before this one. Gainer shake with pineapple, blueberries, cinnamon, egg, coconut oil… Yum!!

No dinner, start the fast early. Chill, study [Sleep video w/ Bergman]. Foam rolling.. cashews, tea, chlorella and don’t forget the ACV… then goodnight.

50615 [Wednesday #322] – Wake up. 1 snooze. Slept well. Smelled the park (grass). 36 minutes yoga-esque stuff. Outside wore me out. Got some new soreness going on. Numbers are still in the red. (the same).

185.4 – 17.3 – 60.5 – 43 – RED ZONE – is my world these days. The last two anyway.

Round I: [N] – done at wake. Kind of lame performance.

Beef stew & kale for breakfast. So weight is unchanged, despite no dinner… oh yeah… two day delay. Need to resupply t-mix. Maybe @ lunch. Feeling very low energy. That “off” feeling… “disease starts in the gut”… and that’s where I feel this… come to think of it, tea tasted off this morning.

Round II: [SF] – significant.. chlorella, I guess… or maybe something else. Got to move today… 5 x 5 or break? Or vanity… maybe I’ll make a comeback by the end of the day.

Pushups (gig) – went well. Very little shoulder pain… (did 4 sets of 25 each throughout the tour.)

I think a bug I didn’t know I had got its ass kicked. [autonomic body defense system].

Lunch – Park’s 113% - not even feeling hungry. Big lunch in 2 parts.

Round III: [SS] – no comment.

Round IV: [SS] – Praise for the Bod, getting down and doing its job! Maybe some vanity work at la casa and calisthenics in the park?

Opted for home vanity work – upper body. Just worked with 30 lb dumbbells for incline bench presses, and flat, bent bench flies, curls, pull overs.. used 8s for shoulder work. It was a casual workout.

Turkey soup for dinner. 2 x tea.. and not really feeling tea much. I should make a new drink.. probably infused H2O. Foam rolling, chlorella, ACV before bed. G’night.

50715 [Thursday #323] – wake up, tired.. but had good sleep. 31 minutes of the fitness montage. Just run, shadow box, k-bell swings and such. Weigh in – 185.4 – 17 – 60.7 43.1 -  better numbers. Hearts & eggs, kale, bkft.

Round I [NS] – Off to the gig. Sometimes I chant on the way to the station. I’ve been getting up the steps strong with no heaviness in the chest/solar plexus. I significant improvement I thought I’d mention. I’m going to have to look back on these some day because I’ll surely forget.

Gig: Pushups – 150, total in 5 sets. (I did a set of 30 every time I won a game of solitaire. WOW! This is killer!! I’m done.

Sore throat coming? Maybe the bug wasn’t beaten? (Left side, just under the jaw.) Gone or hibernating?

Round II: [SF] – Not very hungry. Got food from Park’s 83%. I delayed lunch by about 2 hours [1300].

Feel like I’ve been slackin’ this week, because I haven’t been over doing it. Summer will be nice, just one day at TU. I could get spoiled. Maybe I’ll work at home again. Meet RO later… some home work might be a better choice.

Round III: [SS] – detoured from planned route to check out the car. Funny how situations veer us away from a direction we shouldn’t be going. I can handle another day off from lifting (5 x 5).

Walked a few blocks, sat in Rittenhouse Square. Back home, nice evening. May work on squats form – after compensating all these years, I want ass to grass, so go light.

The amazing this is, I’m not hungry. Didn’t get hungry. Haven’t had a meal since 1300, [6 hrs]. Had some cashews, but not excited about dinner. That may change in the next few hours.

Worked on squats form – did some slow deep goblets, with 15 lbs in front. Had a bowl of blueberries, almonds and honey. The usual ritual, before bed. I could probably get in bed earlier if I have this unknown reason for wanting to stay up. I can pack a whole day in… everything between the hours of 0400 & 2000 – a 16 hour day is doable.

OK, that’s a wrap. G’night.




50815 [Friday #324] – Wake up… pecks sore from all those pushups yesterday. Morning cardio.. kicks and such.. work with the 8s…. they are heavy. Leg and hip openers.. deep squats.. I can maybe do this daily as a matter of stretching. Ankle weights work – leg curls, lifts etc.

185.4 – 17.4 – 60.4 – 42.9 – Even though I skipped dinner – or rather, didn’t need it… I’m back in the red. The only thing I can think of is no lifting for two days and no killer cardio in the A.M.

I’m not sure there’s any rhyme or reason for these digits – no dinner last night (I keep forgetting the two day delay… could be the soup showing up from Wednesday.) Bit no heavy lifting the last two day as well. I wonder if I could actually survive a week of no lifting and small high fat, low carb eating.

Bkft – omelet, 2 eggs, tomatoes, portabella, scallions, olive oil. So much for this week. Get me back to the 16% bracket… body fat!! (It might also be the scale… but I still have to do my thing.)

New bar graph that shows BF% H2o% and Muscle Mass.. and ratio, averages for each month. Hmmm, maybe add the running average as well.

Round I: [NS] – Gig. Sorethroat went away yesterday. Sometimes I forget to follow up.
Pushups again today – 30 + 30 so far.  (135 total).

50915 [Saturday #325] – slept in despite a lot of sleep. Repair, fasting. Up around 0800 – morning montage, pipes, pushups, 8s, squats, leg stretch, etc. Mt. climbers, tea.. then I’ll weigh in. What am I expecting?

Weight – 184 – 16.8 – 60.9 – 43.2 – sleeping and fasting… but can I achieve this or better and maintain it in day-to-day life? Finally a day out of the Red Zone.

2 rounds – two meals – soup & t-burger and fixins.

Park workout with log & pipes and 1 mile (.75/.25) jog/walk. 1 hour total.
42 minute walk to Mom’s for dinner. Salmon, potato, salad with cheese.

Round III: But not too tough. Weighed in again after park work – no change – just checking. Ending this session today. This Chapter and this year is almost over. I should prepare Bajai Bootcamp 5, but what’s the theme? Old Man in a Hostile City? Too long. Hmmmm… what do I want to accomplish aside from 3:1? (I can maybe lift a bit before bed.) Maybe that will help.

Shadow box w/ the ankle wts on my arms before bed. Then reading, chlorella & ACV… then done.

Another week in the red zone…  this week’s Red Zone +185, 17.2% BF & <60.6% H2O, 43.0% Muscle & 2.52:1 MM:BF ratio –Slightly easier to maintain this week, but of course I want to beat it. The biggest change was no Tuesday fitness class, but I still did two on Monday. I think there are some other factors at play.

Day
Sunday
5-03
Monday
5-04
Tuesday
5-05
Wednesday
5-06
Thursday
5-07
Friday
5-08
Saturday
5-09
Ave.
Weight
183.8
183
185.4
185.4
185.4
185.4
184
184.6
Body Fat
16.5
16.5
17.3
17.3
17.0
17.4
16.8
17
H2O
61.1
61.1
60.5
60.5
60.7
60.4
60.9
60.7
Muscle mass
43.4
43.4
43
43
43.1
42.9
43.2
43.1
Ratio
2.63
2.63
2.49
2.49
2.54
2.47
2.57
2.54



All the crazy charts for this session...  are next!! Going to have to consolidate these for the Year End evaluation. The weight loss has all but caught up to the weight gained. someday these data will be valuable to me. (Or us).
 
Session
Gain
(lbs.)
Loss
Net
Total Gain
Tot. Loss
Total
I
9.0
6.0
3.0
9.0
6.0
3.0
II
4.0
6.5
-2.5
13
12.5
0.5
III
7.5
8.5
-1.0
20.5
21
-0.5
IV
7.0
6.0
1.0
27.5
27
-0.5
V
5.5
6.0
-0.5
33
33
0
VI
3.8
6.0
-2.2
36.8
39
-2.2
VII
6.3
7.5
-1.2
43.1
46.5
-3.4
VIII
6.8
6.2
0.6
49.9
52.7
-2.8
IX
1.8
1.2
0.6
51.7
53.9
-2.2
X
1.0
0.8
0.2
52.7
54.7
-2
XI
4
3
1
56.7
57.7
-2.2
XII
3
1.2
1.8
59.7
58.9
.8
XIII
5.2
5
.2
64.9
63.9
1
XIV
8.3
7
1.3
73.2
70.9
2.3
XV
9.7
7.8
1.9
82.9
78.7
4.2
XVI
7.8
9.3
-1.5
90.7
88
2.7
XVII
8.2
5.6
2.6
98.9
93.6
5.3
XVIII
2.3
4.8
-2.5
101.2
98.4
2.8
XIX
2.9
4
-1.1
104.1
102.4
1.7
XX
4.4
4.2
.2
108.5
106.6
1.9
XXI
3.4
4.6
-1.2
111.9
110.6
1.3
XXII
6.4
6.0
.4
118.3
117.2
1.1
XXIII
2.4
3.4
-1
120.7
120.6
.1


Weight, body fat and muscle mass… and new muscle mass:body fat ratio. I am going for 3:1 and aiming for 82 lbs. of muscle and wondering how long that will take and if it’s possible.
Week of
Body fat
H2O
MMass
MM:BF
9-13-14
34.5
110.7
78.4
2.27:1
9-20-14
33.4
112
79
2.36:1
9-27-14
33
112.2
79.6
2.41:1
10-04-14
34.3
111.1
79
2.30:1
10-11-14
33.6
110.3
79.4
2.36:1
10-18-14
32.8
110.7
78.8
2.40:1
10-25-14
32.6
111.5
79.2
2.43:1
11-01-14
32.2
111.6
79.2
2.46:1
11-08-14
31.7
111.6
79.3
2.50:1
11-15-14
33.8
111.3
79.1
2.34:1
11-22-14
33.5
112.1
79.5
2.37:1
11-29-14
33.2
112.3
79.8
2.40:1
12-06-14
32.9
112.7
80
2.43:1
12-13-14
34.3
111.6
80.1
2.33:1
12-20-14
33.5
113.1
80.3
2.40:1
12-27-14
33.9
113.7
80.7
2.38:1
1-03-15
34.3
112.6
80
2.33:1
1-10-15
33.9
113.6
80.7
2.38:1
1-17-15
34.1
113.7
80.6
2.36:1
1-24-15
33.8
113.5
80.6
2.38:1
1-31-15
33.9
113
80
2.36:1
2-07-15
33.6
113.3
80.4
2.39:1
2-14-15
33.9
113.6
80.7
2.38:1
2-21-15
33.2
113.8
80.8
2.43:1
2-28-15
33.2
112.9
80.2
2.41:1
3-07-15
32.3
113
80.2
2.48:1
3-14-15
31.4
112.3
79.7
2.53:1
3-21-15
31.4
112.4
79.8
2.54:1
3-28-15
32.5
111.9
79.4
2.44:1
4-04-15
31.8
112.1
79.7
2.50:1
4-11-15
31.8
111.8
79.5
2.50:1
4-18-15
30.4
111.4
79
2.60:1
4-25-15
31.5
111.7
79.4
2.52:1
5-02-15
31.8
112.1
79.5
2.50:1
5-09-15
31.4
112
79.5
2.53:1
Ave
33.0
112.3
79.7
2.41:1


End of session 23

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment