Monday, March 30, 2015

CHAPTER IV: Spring 31515 - 61815: Session XX



The Long Road Back

Chapter IV: Spring 31515 - 61815

It seems like Session 19 flew by. During this session we start another 90 day fitness adventure and this time I think I have to focus more and significantly adjust the diet. I realized today that I’ve experimented with several types of eating matrices; low carb, high protein, vegetarian… or should I call it ‘no meat,’ but never high fat. I want to stress that the experiments were indeed experiments and not fads. I have adopted what worked – generally low carbs, little if any starchy foods, no white flour, rice or sugar (with very few exceptions). Also during the no meat periods I learned to appreciate or at least disguise the taste of green veggies so I can, and do eat more of them, particularly spinach and kale, in my diet. The protein intake has been good for years.

This time around the variable is fats. It goes against most of what I’ve been ‘brain washed’ into believing, so I’m a bit skeptical, but more curious. The fact that my weight dropped and adjusted a few pounds since I decided to kill wheat, is a positive sign.
 
Hangin' out widt da boyz: Ole skool gym'ing!
Hopefully the 90 days will prove, to me at least, the value of a fats based diet by reducing my percentage of body fat, increasing lean muscle mass and being able to generate more energy.

I thought I noticed my arms getting leaner just a few days ago.

So I guess that’s it. I expect during this session to start training outside and with some friends. Outdoor boot camps may “pop up” and who knows where that can lead. Welcome to the Spring. This is chapter Four.

Session XX:  31515 – 32815

31515 [Sunday #270] – Whoa, the day after! Day 1 of the 90… lots to recount. Many drinks, not much sleep. PT CEC’s session at Temple and it’s measuring day.


3-15-15
1-31-15
Change
Top
101 cm
103 cm
-2 cm
Middle
94 cm
93 cm
+1 cm
Bottom
98 cm
97 cm
+1 cm
Under
98 cm
98 cm
No change

Just in the way of comparison, I am slightly thicker, almost negligible, yet I am down in weight by 4.6 lbs. This measuring day is perfectly timed; there will be two more during this 90 day adventure; one at mid-point, the other at the end, so I will be able to see real change, if any occurs. I want my torso back in the 80s range. GRRRR!  Generally I am unimpressed with these numbers. I feel my progress has stagnated.

Today’s cardio: shadow boxing, jumping around. I haven’t measured the H2O intake. 

185.6 – 17.1 – 60.6 – 43.1 – 2.52:1 -
 

Walked to Mom’s for dinner. Ribs, sweet potatoes, veggies – also had half a pre-meal, bean stew & kale which I finished when I got back home. I ate a lot today. The walk was maybe 1.5 – 2 miles; about 40 minutes total.

ACV and journaling before bed.

Oh yeah – two hour recovery nap, 1400 – 1600.

There are many variables associated with energy, weight loss and exercise. It seems I write more and more factors down in my notebook, as if I will be able to recreate certain situations.


31615 [Monday #271] – A pretty dynamic day over all. Things picked up after work. I got up okay and did 36 minutes of cardio; mostly shadow boxing with the weighted cloves and wrist wraps along with some pushups and squats.

Because of higher standards, my numbers are in the red zone – 187 – 17.4 – 60.4 – 42.9 -  but that’s okay, because I need higher standards. Once upon a time these were good numbers and I knew then that someday they wouldn’t be ‘good’ anymore.

Got four rounds in. clearing house  after eating a lot on Sunday.

Okay, so while the gig was slow and I was nodding in and out, I made it to the Y and finally put my mind to doing thrusters. [a front loaded squat into a military press. ] I started with 80 lbs, from the floor and got ten reps, so I increased the weight and reduced the reps, of course. These were tough, especially for the first time. Need to do more of these.

Next I went to my old friend, inverted leg press with calf presses in a super set. Warm up with 6 plates then two sets with 8s (total).

Also got in some reverse grip shoulder raises, I think I elevated to 25 lbs.. did multiple sets, 5 I think. Got some shin flexes in, some lat pull downs and concentration curls, restricting the ROM. It was a pretty good set. I did have the pre-drink, Cr. Arg. (done with BA) and BCAA’s etc.

I was wiped by YGX and felt the work in my chest so I had to back off my participation. It was a great class tho. Much more dynamic balance work – they got a good sweat.

Cycling class was good. I didn’t fully recover until after the class was done.

Got home and realized dinner was out of the question. Made a blueberry, pineapple, hemp seed, chia seed hake with almond milk and just slept. I am probably still recovering from Saturday night, but it seems to be going quickly. Still no beer, still no wheat.

31715 [Tuesday #272] – Something about the synergy of my eyes opening just before the alarm sounded made me “sleepy” and not want to get up. I spent an extra 40 minutes in bed. Oddly enough I went to bed early, after about 20-30 minutes of foam rolling away the tight/soreness in my muscles. It’s massage time again.

I did get up and manage 31 minutes of cardio-balance a lot of being… hopping and bouncing on one leg and then balancing on the stability ball.

The breakfast omelet came out really good.

Got good numbers today 184.8 – 17 – 60.7 – 43.1 – looks like I’m not in the red zone. When I readjust the red zone I must readjust the blue zone also… Keep moving forward.

The gig: slow, drab, sunny and warm though.
Three rounds – last two [D] weren’t bad. Gave me something to think about.
Good lunch, same as yesterday… yogurt and t-mix as always.

I feel a headache coming at the end of work. What’s up with that? Temple next – I’d better bring it!!

TUGX pre-class. Jump rope, went 3 minutes (personal best) need more of this. Then I missed every time. Well, I was trying to jump backwards. Class was great. I wonder if I’m slowing down. Not much participation. Of course Monday was brutal. Aqua… good stuff.

Had some pepperoni cheese b/w classes (from 7-11) and some beef jerky after. Tea (2x) almonds, avocado & cashews. Didn’t feel hungry after the sessions. Legs are sore tho. Maybe some foam rolling tonight. Get in early, up early and to the Y before Aqua. Hope my digits get better.

ACV and foam rolling before bed. Maybe the “fr” helps me sleep. I had many dreams.


31815 [Wednesday #273] – Slept late. Rolled out 0730-ish. Tea and 55 minutes of “Bajai” yoga, which only means it’s my way of doing it – working through sun salutations and flexibility in the legs especially and hips, neck rolls.

Weight’s the same, fat’s down: 184.8 – 16.8 – 60.9 – 43.2 – H2O & MM up, but probably not 80 lbs.

Breakfast – chicken, eggs, potatoes, kale and spices!!! Yummy. Pineapple, chia, almond milk, hemp shake (mini).

60 Minutes YMCA

Upper body work: 

         ·             The bench has not improved. Didn’t get to 200 today, but no biggie. 190 felt heavy. Rocked out to small sets. I’ll get there. The shoulders are holding up. 

         ·            Military press improved. Reppin’ 100 & 110 lbs well. Cheated up 120. That seems to work. I get a feel for the weight, then I can just power it up. This was super-setted with  db flies, 25 lbs. 

         ·            Front dumbbell raises.

         ·            Close grip pull ups.. just a few.

         ·            Medicine ball pushups – couldn’t cross the legs, guess I was exhausted and impatient. 

         ·            Cable work – standing row, improved my max to 150. It doesn’t move me anymore. 

         ·            Straight arm pull down 3 x 6-10 100 lbs… Been away from this too long.
No lunges today, pre-drink.. and done.

Rounds two & three. Two was basic [NS]. Three was [LD] – seems like a pattern.

Chicken & kale, olive oil etc. ½ cup of tea – satisfied.
Aqua Box was strong & fun, not hungry, some trail mix to snack on.

31915 [Thursday #274] – This protocol seems to be working. I finished up my trail mix after aqua yesterday and that was my evening meal. Pretty sure I got my h2o quota in… 96 oz. Good sleep 7-8 hours. 46 mins cardio w/ wts and focus on squats and pushups (on fists).

The numbers are a landmark: 183.8 – 16.6 – 61.1 43.4 -  I actually got excited.. bf = 30.3 mm=79.7 and the ratio is 2.63:1, but I’m still a long way off. Maybe the “secret’ is eat strong all day, finish eating early, ACV before bed, get good sleep. Let’s put that to the test. I may have to stop eating my 1900-2000 hours.

Round I: fast extended, bean stew for breakfast. Time to make more.

Sometimes I get this strange unsettling tightness down the back of my neck (right side). It kind of feels like it would be a cramp. Usually lasts less than a minute, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to work it out. Rolling the neck makes it worse. [Chin up and head back seems to work… hmmm wonder. Something needs to be loosened up.]

Round II:

Diner Food [w/ Tim] – 3 Fried eggs, sausage, tomatoes, no potatoes, no bread I am happy to say. It was filling too. What next? Acupuncture. Got my walks in after acupuncture (to the trolley and then the mile down the parkway.) Going to start running again – soon-ish.

Dinner; chicken, kale, pineapple, peppers, in water w/ olive oil, good sized portion. Flex training before bed, maybe some foam rolling. I can fit that in. Less time on the computer – again… just use it as a radio… 



32015 [Friday #275] – double snooze – first day back to work. 36 minutes variable stuff – balance-beach w/ ankle weights; power burpees… just a few. Shadow boxing w/ gloves & fist pushups, getting better still on the mats, not hard wood… getting there. Not too stressed with the numbers 185.4 – 17 – 60.7 – 43.1 – I think it’s due to dinner… it was pretty substantial. I was expecting this “dip,” only weight & fat are in the red zone, the others hit the average.

May have to push myself to the Y today – squats and back. I’ve been doing back, but not heavy rows, or strong pull ups. Let’s see how I feel in 7.5 hours.

Ailments:
Sensitive molar – bottom right. Air and touch sensitive.
Left knee is playing up. Probably the ankle weights and the one legged jumping, however that’s going to have to adapt.
Left illiacus/psoas complex – same yet stronger.. adapt. Although I think I’m out of alignment. I may have to look into adjustments at some point.

Round I [NS] – it’s snowing on the first day of spring. I’m not depressed, but I want to leave.

Round II [NS] – standard lunch – salmon, chicken, spinach, cabbage [salad bar, Park’s].

Despite the snow, I made it to the YMCA and as always I’m glad I did. I wasn’t feeling strong, but disciplined, so I went light or the weight and deep on the squats. Ended up doing a “full body” – minus chest – work out.

Squats + Calf Raises [super sets]
Squats deep and slow
Progress from 140 – 170. Very focused:
Weightless calf raises.
Lunges & T-Bar rows. [S-S]
30 lbs 3 x 10 lunges
T-Bar row 3 x 10
T-Bar: 45s and add 10.
55 lbs last set.
Dumbbell pull overs
65 x 10
70 x 10
85 x 10
Felt very strong on this exercise.
Shin Flex
85 Lbs
1 set of 12 – top of feet.. ouch.
Bent 1-arm rows
85 lbs. 2 x 5; 1 x 6
A little pull on the left lat: left side again.
Cable face pull low +
Rev. shoulder raise
110: 3 x 10
20lbs: (12-16-20)
Feel strong through this. Like the way my arms look.
Triceps push down + DB curls
60 x 10
67 x 10
75 x 6
DB curls 25 lb x 20 (Curls)
30 lbs x 14, x 16
Leg Curls
3 x 150
Prayer feet… work outside hips.

Done.. about an hour.

Trudge home in the snow. Chill. No dinner. Tea – of course. ACV before bed. Got to bed early too. Kind of cool.

32115 [Saturday #276] – It’s become a habit to double snooze.. especially on Saturday.

36 minutes of AM-X, mostly shadow boxing w/ gloves and then ankle weights (on arms) and kicks, leg stretches. I did a lot of shoulder work, trying to recapture my shoulder rehab days.

Breakfast – chicken, peppers, kale, pineapple, spices.
Round I [NS] – I was hungry at work, or maybe I just knew I had food. Wondering whether to hit the Y today and if so what to do. I could probably do some chest work – keep it light, tho.

Round II [DF] – quick, spicy. Time for lunch. Salad bar again.

Round III [LF] -Gig - slow day, thought about doing some exercises here, but this should be an off day. however "off day" means not lifting heavy weights, i still work out and may get some reps in at home - some balance stuff... i suppose house cleaning counts too, after all it IS Spring.

Wondering what items and functions lead to or suggest weigh loss or weight gain? Sunny and supposed to be warming up. 



Straight home from the Gig – No YMCA today, however something motivated me to get some Home-Work done… a bunch of random weight lifting sets for the upper body to close out the week. 



**So I’ve got this mass gainer that I’ve been neglecting. Just opened it and decided I’d start taking it – just a teaspoon in a mix of chia, hemp seed, almond milk and fruit… to see what happens. I only want muscle – NO friggin’ FAT!!


Incline bench press – 4 sets of 10 40 lbs. (40s feel heavier at home;) super-setted with shoulder shrugs 4 sets of 10 also. Then the random mix came in:
Wrist Curls, supine and prone, maybe 1 or 2 sets of each.
Not endorsing this, just sayin' I got it.
Reverse shoulder raises 20s [Confession – I like doing these for two reasons, 1 – I need anterior deltoid development and 2 – these badboys make the vein in my biceps pop… ha ha vain, get it?]

Bent flies 30 a few sets of 10/ then went to 40s!! why do I think I can’t push the weights up higher? I could probably do 50s…

Standing behind the neck triceps press – 40s – 10 reps, 2 or 3 sets, not sure.
Db curls 30s…. 10 – 20 reps total. [do the math].
Triceps kickbacks – 30s… reps, not many, they’re tough.
Upright shoulder rows, dbs – 20s & 30s – they bring the sweat.
Standing press – 1 leg, 20s – 6 reps each side…

Done – no time limit. Moved beyond what I thought I could do. Standing 30s row is intense. Got to stand straight.

Day 7 of 90 – week 1 done!



Red Zone parameters for this week: >185, and 17% BF: <60.7% H2O; 43.1% Muscle mass, 2.53:1 MM:BF ratio. New blue zone >2.60
Day
Sunday
3-15
Monday
3-16
Tuesday
3-17
Wednesday
3-18
Thursday
3-19
Friday
3-20
Saturday
3-21
Ave.
Weight
185.6
187
184.8
184.8
183.8
185.4
185.4
185.2
Body Fat
17.1
17.4
17
16.8
16.5
17
17.2
17
H2O
60.6
60.4
60.7
60.9
61.1
60.7
60.5
60.7
Muscle mass
43.1
42.9
43.1
43.2
43.4
43.1
43
43.1
Ratio
2.52
2.47
2.54
2.57
2.63
2.54
2.50
2.53





32215 [Sunday #277] – woke up strong – could be getting to bed earlier, but I keep waking up… maybe twice. I may have actually been excited to get things going.

46 minutes cardio – used weights, ankle weights & gloves – burpees, slowly on fists – two rounds; balance, hop on one leg, kicks… a good variety.

Weight 185.4 – 17.4 – 60.4 – 42.9wrong direction. Wonder why?

Round I [NS] – forgot I had a turkey burger last night.
Round II [LS] – I’ve got no comment.
Round III [P] – Half a Duck for lunch. Filling. I wonder if it will help my workout. YMCA after work.

YMCA – Once again I got into my little deadlift mood… afraid – and once more I pushed through – all the way to 380 lbs. I am all kinds of red faced when I get that up.

Details of the work:
Dead Lifts: 260 x 5; 290 x 4* [felt the left  grip going]; 320 x 2 – no grips to this point; 350 x 2 – highest rep weight, even 2; 380 x 1 – had enough after this one. Went deep… 400 will come.

Close grip pull ups – 3 sets of 5. These were rough. I should do more of these – I keep saying that.

Bench press: 160 x 5 + 6;  170 (2 sets of 5); 140 x 5 – the dead lift took a lot from me.

Cable cross low 40 lbs warm up; 50 lbs, 3 sets of 8-10.

Done, sore, tired. Maybe have a mass builder shake at home.



I REALLY need to be on my guard against damaging thoughts from the people around me. Maybe I’m very sensitive, but it seems that everyone I know starts sentences off with “The older I get…” or “As we age…” etc. I feel that I have a rare, if not unique (it cannot possibly be unique) attitude towards aging. I don’t use it as an excuse for wanting more sleep; for my body being sore; if I happen to forget something, and so on. When I failed to lift 335 – about ten years ago, it was because I wasn’t strong enough or didn’t use the proper form – same, as when I failed on a 400 lb. lift attempt, it wasn’t because I’m ten years “older” it’s because I haven’t become strong enough yet to lift it. If I keep training, I will become strong enough. This rant will continue at another time… as I age… I will not allow it to be my excuse.





32315 [Monday #278] – What!? The Duck? Red alert across the board. Yesterday was pretty good as far as exercise goes. New variables. Haven’t had kale in a while. Ate half a duck.
Here are the friggin numbers – 185.4 – 18.2 – 59.8 – 42.5 – There are a couple of ways of looking at this, my body fat probably hasn’t increased, but the duck in my system has more than likely not added to the conducting of the electric pulse from the scale. I was shocked… but I have to remember, this is just a guide.

Started mass gaier drinks, though small. Let’s see how this plays. The container is huge and I want to get rid of it. I am phasing these things out. Weight’s steady so these fluctuations might not be what they seem to be… not completely. Could be a weather component also. Not to worry. I’m sure I won’t isolate the trigger and the numbers will improve. (Could be hard feet too, I should moisturize.)

I may have skipped dinner last night also. I find I have to start asking myself if I’m really, genuinely hungry. Often I will eat simply because I usually eat at a certain time… at the gig for instance… or at home, when I see the food. Luckily I don’t have anything I my house that’s particularly bad for me.

I should raise my workout intensity. Need to return to Eat Sweat… but, hmmmm – what IS the plan? Variety… do what I do with poer and intention.

Potatoes and eggs for breakfast. Goodie. No rounds so far, expecting to get something going before lunch. Back to Park’s – hope the have what I like.

Round I: [NH] – Lunch, salmon & chicken, et al.

Round II – pitstop home before the Y – this discipline is NOT to train before Functional Fitness & spin.. I pushed things last week (I think) – went easy this AM… 4 sessions are not necessary today, but I’ll take 3.

Right leg is giving me funny signals. Intelligent body.

YMCA-FF fun and strong. More participation, spin was likewise. Enough energy to stop and shop (H-Mart).

Started minerals tonight – shake after.

32415 [Tuesday #279] – Off day, long sleep. Good sleep. 36 minutes – mostly cardio-boxing, some kicks, new 7 different stuff… balance and core work. Stability ball planks. Left side still sore. Looking good though, maybe it’s my eyes. Weigh in after the shower. Got to extinguish expectations, just flow with it. Started minerals yesterday. Probably later in the day.

Oh yeah, foam rolling, thoracic openers, bridges, balance on stability ball.

185.4 – 17.4 – 60.4 – 42.9 -  better but not where I want it, and still red.

I’m on a weight plateau… similar to the Fall 90, but this one came sooner (honestly, I started this before the official date.) I think the duck threw the numbers off. I’ll measure again next time I have to have duck. Ok – bean and lamb stew for breakfast. Steam some kale too.

Good lunch, chicken & ‘shrooms.

4 rounds from N to PD… ish.
TUGX Next.

Powerful TUGX session and fun, energetic aquabox. 2 of 3 today. Dinner break @ Broad st diner.. salmon salad as usual. Should be able to kill a few minutes here. 

Not going for this one.... yet.
Generally feeling energetic since I left the house today. Minerals and chlorella after lunch. That should be the schedule.

Core & More session at TU went quickly. Good abs session… practice going from low plank to high plank plyometrically.

32515 [Wednesday #280] –  Slept in. 2d day off has become yoga day (but it’s only my second time) 61 minutes sun salutations and stretching, lots of neck rolling (it doesn’t seem to crackle as much and I no longer feel the pull down my back when I bow my head… cool, stuff works. I love progress.)  I’m sore, especially left lat-dorsi.

185.4 – 17.0 – 60.7 – 43.1 -
Avocado, then potatoes and eggs (2) for bkft. Two rounds… right on time essentially.

The numbers are headed in the right direction again. I think the duck threw them off track. Massage day. Thinking about squats @ the Y, but not sure how I’ll feel after.

Vit-stack @ bkft. No longer extending them out. Minerals & chlorella after “lunch”  or later in the day. Wondering about the effects. Weight hasn’t changed all week Fat, H2O & MM has.

Good massage and walk down the parkway – 21 minutes… “Lunch” beans, lamb, shrooms, & kale soup. Headed to aqua, maybe weights tonight – work tomorrow and acupuncture. Added charcoal to the pm stack, no effect.. but  it’s early.

Round III – [NF] – Aqua and cheese.

Balance work with weights at home. Need names for these moves for memory. Guess we can start with warrior 3 and go from there. I like condor for flies. This can go four ways, flies, rows, press, push, triceps kicks. Actually it can go many ways. I must introduce this to the next cardio sculpt.

32615 [Thursday #281] – wake up. 41 minutes of moderate cardio 184.5 – 17.6 – 60.2 -  Bkft chicken, romaine, shrooms. Round I [HS] –

I wonder how much consciousness, energy and magnetism have to do with my body functions and the weight(s)… ?  

Round II [HS] lunch – Park’s salad bar, the usual. Filling. Minerals/clay/charcoal. Acupuncture next. Moving towards 66 oz H2O.. I have a bigger bottle. Close to 34 oz. (3 = 102 oz).

Acupuncture and the walks 21 mins down the pkwy (2d day straight). Beef jerky to snack on, lamb/bean stew for dinner. Strawberry pineapple shake, chia & hemp seed & half-&-half.

Balance and weights before bed. 




32715 [Friday #282] – woke up between the snooze alarm.. Pretty good sleep. Dreaming means REM… so I should be getting those repairs done on the body. Forgot the ACV last night so I took a shot after the AM workout… about 41 minutes. I have to admit it’s not as intense as it was in the summer.

Seems my infraspinatus fascia is a bit tender.. foam roller stuff, I think.
Infraspinatus fascia, my current nemesis.

AM work lots of boxing and doing the low game stuff, (mt climbers & pushups0 on my fists and it’s getting easier. Tried jumping from fists to hands, which is okay… not so strong the other direction. Getting better at planking on the ball. Core muscles. The balance work is paying off. I felt both strong and energetic today moving through the crowd and up the steps… hmmm, what changes?

Numbers are very much in the red zone 186.8 – 17.5 – 60.3 – 42.9 -  but RZ is relative to the average. At least muscle wt is over 80 lbs. so I’m heavier but feel stronger? Maybe hit the Y this after-work. Squats.

That reminds me, no supps or pre-drink or lifting since.. Monday? Or Sunday?  Dead lifted Sunday but nothing heavy since. I’m due. (No wonder my digits are off)

Round II: - NS normalling out. Cn see the clay working. Several weeks til I can evaluate the results.

Round III: - Before lunch [NM] – Parks.. normal lunch. Smaller portion… forgot I had an avocado this morning before bkft.

Round IV: [NS] headed to the Y.

Round V: [DP] – over time and rare day. YMCA, pre-drink, BCAA’s & supps.. and work!

I – squats, back loaded, slow, deep
       140 x 6; 160x6; 180 x 5; 200 x 3+3 – up slow on the last rep. This is my max for now. Down low and holding the weight and pushing up.. feeling the legs.

II – Lunges + Rev shoulder raises (super sets)
      30 lbs 10+12+12 Lunges / / 20 lbs 20+24+26 raises – (I can probably do more weight). Still not the king of lunges but improving.

III – Incline bench press dumbbells – 40 lbs 12+10+12   I am so much weaker than 10 years ago… or am I just lazier and unwilling to push further? The dumbbells at the Y are very much in disrepair and virtually unusable.

IV – Ben barbell row. Slow, light, good form
50 x 20
70 x 16
100 x 10 + 12

V – Cable cross over – standing
40 lbs x 15 – normal [but then I started experimenting]
45 lbs 6 – pulled up higher than normal.
50 lbs. x 10 – normal across the chest
40 lbs x 6  - high pull short ROM shoulders loaded… add this one!!

Standing Cable row
120 x 12;
130 x 10;
140 x 10
150 x 8

Gorgeous training. Done, 1 Hour. Early to bed.. ACV.. only forgot that one day, that I remember.

32815 [Saturday #283] – Up early.. good, long sleep. Mostly movement and balance for the AM-X, no weights. Trying to decide what to do for week 4.. I’m thinking weights and body weight every other day for a week, or crossfit-type stuff.

2 egg omelet for breakfast – no meat.

Numbers are better, but still in the red: 185.8 – 17.5 – 60.5 – 43 – 2.49 – I’ve been very good in the H2O area and ratio is moving back towards the 2.5:1 area. Remember.. we want 3:1!!

Round I: [NS] – nothing special.. wasting time at the gig, but YMCA after. The Guy workout – chest, tris and bis – don’t go too heavy, but make it work! I want legs (dead lifts) tomorrow.

Round II: - Wrappin’ up this Red week today and this session. I set the bar high, largely due to the week before. We want to progress and sometimes we have to take a few steps back to do it. This week’s averages will essentially lower the bar. Perhaps next week’s strategies will be able to measure up. I believe the duck indulgence – well, you’ve read enough of that already.

Lunch – salmon salad – Park’s. Low on H2O today. Still haven’t gotten the first 33.8 done. Headed to the Y.

Y-work – The [regular] GUY Workout

Bench Press: 160 x 6; 170 x 6; 180 x 4* infraspinatus tight.. caution.
Incline bench press – 100 x 6; 120 x 6; strength came on this set; 140 x 3 – (+1) left side  lagged… again, dropped down.
130 x 3 – good.. left   boo! Got to strengthen and straighten this. Foam roll and some self adjustments if I can.

Flat DB press + shin flex, super sets.
50 lbs; 2 x 10 + 2 x 12 – shin flex 65 lbs. 2 x 25; 1 x 20; 1 x 25

Preacher Curl EZ bar. 50 lbs on bar.
6 reps. 8 reps, loaded (half reps) + 8 more ok. Let’s add this. Need more definition. Short reps do the job!

Triceps tri set (not a true tri-set tho)
Cable push down (60 – 67 lbs) + Triceps kick backs (25 lbs)
3 sets (less than 10) ……………..    3 sets of 10
Standing triceps press behind the neck – 40 lbs  3 x 10
Done.. 1 hour.
Getting towards 50 oz.. not feeling the H2O today.
Vietnamese dishes with Ben & Ming, probablyhad some wheat in the mix, but no biggie.. It’s not bread.

Red Zone parameters for this week: >185.2, and 17% BF: <60.7% H2O; 43.1% Muscle mass, 2.53:1 MM:BF ratio. New blue zone >2.60
Day
Sunday
3-22
Monday
3-23
Tuesday
3-24
Wednesday
3-25
Thursday
3-26
Friday
3-27
Saturday
3-28
Ave.
Weight
185.4
185.4
185.4
185.4
185.4
186.8
185.8
185.6
Body Fat
17.4
18.2
17.4
17.0
17.6
17.5
17.3
17.5
H2O
60.4
59.8
60.4
60.7
60.2
60.3
60.5
60.3
Muscle mass
42.9
42.5
42.9
43.1
42.8
42.9
43
42.8
Ratio
2.47
2.34
2.47
2.54
2.43
2.45
2.49
2.45

Session
Gain
(lbs.)
Loss
Net
Total Gain
Tot. Loss
Total
I
9.0
6.0
3.0
9.0
6.0
3.0
II
4.0
6.5
-2.5
13
12.5
0.5
III
7.5
8.5
-1.0
20.5
21
-0.5
IV
7.0
6.0
1.0
27.5
27
-0.5
V
5.5
6.0
-0.5
33
33
0
VI
3.8
6.0
-2.2
36.8
39
-2.2
VII
6.3
7.5
-1.2
43.1
46.5
-3.4
VIII
6.8
6.2
0.6
49.9
52.7
-2.8
IX
1.8
1.2
0.6
51.7
53.9
-2.2
X
1.0
0.8
0.2
52.7
54.7
-2
XI
4
3
1
56.7
57.7
-2.2
XII
3
1.2
1.8
59.7
58.9
.8
XIII
5.2
5
.2
64.9
63.9
1
XIV
8.3
7
1.3
73.2
70.9
2.3
XV
9.7
7.8
1.9
82.9
78.7
4.2
XVI
7.8
9.3
-1.5
90.7
88
2.7
XVII
8.2
5.6
2.6
98.9
93.6
5.3
XVIII
2.3
4.8
-2.5
101.2
98.4
2.8
XIX
2.9
4
-1.1
104.1
102.4
1.7
XX
4.4
4.2
.2
108.5
106.6
1.9

Weight, body fat and muscle mass… and new muscle mass:body fat ratio. I am going for 3:1 and aiming for 82 lbs. of muscle and wondering how long that will take and if it’s possible.
Week of
Body fat
H2O
MMass
MM:BF
9-13-14
34.5
110.7
78.4
2.27:1
9-20-14
33.4
112
79
2.36:1
9-27-14
33
112.2
79.6
2.41:1
10-04-14
34.3
111.1
79
2.30:1
10-11-14
33.6
110.3
79.4
2.36:1
10-18-14
32.8
110.7
78.8
2.40:1
10-25-14
32.6
111.5
79.2
2.43:1
11-01-14
32.2
111.6
79.2
2.46:1
11-08-14
31.7
111.6
79.3
2.50:1
11-15-14
33.8
111.3
79.1
2.34:1
11-22-14
33.5
112.1
79.5
2.37:1
11-29-14
33.2
112.3
79.8
2.40:1
12-06-14
32.9
112.7
80
2.43:1
12-13-14
34.3
111.6
80.1
2.33:1
12-20-14
33.5
113.1
80.3
2.40:1
12-27-14
33.9
113.7
80.7
2.38:1
1-03-15
34.3
112.6
80
2.33:1
1-10-15
33.9
113.6
80.7
2.38:1
1-17-15
34.1
113.7
80.6
2.36:1
1-24-15
33.8
113.5
80.6
2.38:1
1-31-15
33.9
113
80
2.36:1
2-07-15
33.6
113.3
80.4
2.39:1
2-14-15
33.9
113.6
80.7
2.38:1
2-21-15
33.2
113.8
80.8
2.43:1
2-28-15
33.2
112.9
80.2
2.41:1
3-07-15
32.3
113
80.2
2.48:1
3-14-15
31.4
112.3
79.7
2.53:1
3-21-15
31.4
112.4
79.8
2.54:1
3-28-15
32.5
111.9
79.4
2.44:1
Ave
33.3
112.3
79.8
2.39:1

All things being relative this wasn’t a good week. If indeed that half a duck I ate was the turning point, there were probably other factors as well. I opted out of several opportunities to lift the last half of this session. Monday, 4 exercise sessions seemed like too much, but it may have contributed to the great weeks I had previously. Wednesday was massage day, so no lifting and Thursday was the last acupuncture credit I had. Going to take a month or two off of that, which will free me up for more lifting or taking an aqua aerobics class. All these factors probably contributed as well. But at the end of the day, who really knows? I suppose I can finally stop dwelling on that duck I ate, it’s been my guilt trip for the past week. It’s done. Now on to the next session. I’m going to mark this week in red as a reminder.

End of Session 20. Adios amigo. 

























































No comments:

Post a Comment