Thursday, August 7, 2014

Chapter I [Summer] - Session III 72014-80214



Session III  72014 – 80214A new book & and new session… it’s like a new day, a new lover. It’s the anticipation of … correcting past mistakes, maybe? – that’s exciting. These first two sessions seemed to go on for a long time. Hard to believe it’s only been 31 days. How much further away am I from June 19th?

I think I’ve trained more than the beginning of the last Bajai Boot Camp, but not outside. Something is keeping me from training out in the park and it’s probably the people – or maybe it’s the muddy ground – it has been raining a lot, more than usual, whatever usual is.

I want to ease myself away from two habits. First is tea, which is more of an addiction – actually sugar is the addiction, but I think the caffeine in tea has me hooked as well. Second is bitstrips, which began as a creative outlet and has grown into a habit and may even be turning into an addiction. I’ll need discipline… and a place to transfer my energy. Maybe fitness or more reading/study or esoteric science, or healing sciences.

Speaking of bitstrips, I wanted to note that it seems to be more about the ratings and views and feedback and attention than the story. They are running neck and neck in the race for satisfaction. I should have enough of a following now that I can put an episode up and leave it until the next time I publish and address comments at that time. The un-chat chatbar has been stirring emotions, which I need to stay away from also.

72014 [Sunday #32] – wake 189 E! – cool morning, woke with alarm, then back to sleep for half an hour. Peas/beans TCB, et al for bkst and was hungry again by the time I got to work. Strong 6 up the El steps.

Gig: pull ups & chin ups again today. If I can stay away from bitstrips I can get more done and focus energy on this afternoon’s work out.
Counting sets instead of reps [a set is pull ups then shadow box then chin ups.] [3 so far].
I need to do lunge squats today too. Let’s build up some energy and go to the Y after work. Sundays at the Y have been good to me lately.

YMCA – Special Forces. Squats/Pushups. 140 lbs 13 – 1; 1 – 13 38 minutes about 800 calories, 204 reps, each. Then 3 sets of leg extensions, 15 – 12 – 10 from 180 – 225 lbs.  1365 cals in 2:04.

Starting protein today too. Small shake, nothing fancy. Every other day or every third day. Don’t want girth, lean muscle. Maybe it’s just after heavy work, 1 tbsp w/ water & blueberries.

I wonder if I can break for an hour or 90 minutes and work out again… upper body? I must stretch too. That’s a freekin workout!

72114 [Monday #33] – wake 189 37/48 sore legs of course. Slept til 7-ish but still sleepy. Bizarro dreams of ambulance, party, Paris and le tour d’Eifel. One pretty substantial hit. Numbers changed. Nice way to start the day.

Gonna make that march to the market, about an hour round trip, in boots. No rush.
1:20 – 685 calories inc. shopping, let it go another hour & see what happens. 2:20 = 1014 calories.
YMCA – PRE SPIN Vanity work.

1. Incline Press + Pull ups.
    a. Press 110 x 6, 10* (* increase wt 120 in new starting point) 120 x 4 
    b. Pull ups 6, 8, (full down) 5, 5,
2. Dumbbell Flies + Triceps kick backs 40 lbs.
    a. flies – 12, 10, 10
    b. kicks 3 x 10 each, (with momentum)

3. low flies + barbell wrist curls
  a. flies 25 lbs (heavy, but no turning back) 3 sets of 5
  b. wrist curls bar + 10 – 15, bar + 20lbs 2 x 10

Giving today a 7 based on incline press, pull ups and strong spin class. Legs are rockin’!!!

72214 [Tuesday #34] – wake 186 33/50. Lost 3 lbs and kept the digits. Wonder what caused this loss? The walk, lifting, spin class, protein last two days?

Sore legs… 4 going up the El steps.
Bkft: chicken, shrooms, onions, tomatoes, spinach.
Sleep was interrupted by crickets, barking, car alarms, but woke up okay.
Movement stuff, swiss ball back bends/stretch, modified crescents, core becoming more stable. I think this is the anniversary of the left shoulder injury.

FLASHBACK: a year ago today I was 188, two lbs heavier, but my body fat and H2O numbers were better. I was squatting 320 lbs. I’d just done 50 easy reps in 5 sets. My max reps set was 12, then I went to bench press a “mere” 190lbs, 3rd set I felt and heard the shoulder go. Let’s more on… that last year of rehab is documented.

Got through TGX and aqua pretty well. Chicken wrap, pre-post sessions. [ ½ each time]. Probably don’t need dinner. Wonder how long the weight will stay here.
6 day – social interaction.

72314 [Wednesday #35] –  wake 188 35/49:
Long sleep and I think it was good. Woke with a slight headache… caffeine withdrawal?

I was beat down yesterday, in bed around 9PM.

Lamb, beans, spinach, cheese, shrooms breakfast, tea + ½ cup more. Got an extra 30 mins sleep.. solid! Battling mild headache @ work. Seems to be the base of the neck../upper back. YGX Later today.

9Am and I’ve been striking out so far today. It will change. Got 1 – 1300-ish.
Nose bleed? Really?? Not bad, healed up right away. I used to get nose bleeds often as a child.

YGX – I started weak and droopy, got a surge of energy and came through strong. 6 day, based on the class, nice come back. shake w/ fruit BTW.

72414 [Thursday #36] – wake 188 30/53: Cool, woke at the alarm +30 minutes. Morning stretch, swiss ball back bends, shoulder openers, neck work, rolls – big breakfast [Lamb, egg whites, fixins – felt strong after.]

6 – up the El steps.

3rd base – made it through the day. Made it to temple, pull day and Aqua aerobics. It’s a new Thursday thing.

TEMPLE GYM – Pulls
Pull ups – 4 sets different styles, not mant reps tho.
BB rows reverse grip 35? Lb plates + upright plate rows.
DB shrugs – 70 lbs seated as I recall 3 x 10 at least
Shin flex – 70 lb db & 1-arm bent row combo
Db curls standing and seated bent flies, started at 22.5, 25, 27.5 to 30s got 10 each, then did a short set with 35s. maybe 3 each.

Going for the homer… base hit drives a runner home. That’s been the norm – even if I don’t record them every day, it’s pretty much always a home run. The trouble comes when I don’t get a hit, but that rarely occurs. Aqua aerobics next, should be fun.

Thursday aqua was bangin’!! & fun. I didn’t find it too tough, but it was challenging. Anticipating the soreness – but from the weights or the water?

It’s a weird one, but a 6 day for sure. How many more times can I take this class? I may be able to take it regularly during the semester.

72514 [Friday #37] –  wake 188 E!  Good sleep, cool weather – 30 minutes extra. Bizarre dream f. Anjana.

Anyway, no exercise this morning. Long shower, etc. Chicken mix for breakfast. At this point feeling like a Temple legs Friday, & pizza Friday too.

Base hit !! Double, 3rd base.

Pizza Friday may count as a cheat day, but still want to hit legs at temple.

Let’s give today a 7 – with the minor exception of this morning’s phone call [but the social interaction made up for that] 7 the 6th anniversary of dad’s transcendence. How good is it that I can give this day a 7 [out of 7] in spite of what would seem to like negative circumstances.

I asked my question of the introvert at the gym. I think I willed her to me or predicted the situation/scenario. Also bestowed blessings upon my Leo friend. I have still to communicate that I know our friendship will remain platonic, that will make her more comfortable I think.

And LEGS DAY!!!

Leg press – Many sets and combos of calf presses on the lower end. The static holds were as usual except I put the lower weights on the top pegs. Don’t know if that makes a difference or not.

Left side hip soreness again. The usual spot.

Seated calf raises – pushed the weight up to 3 45lb plates [135 lbs.?] nice!!

Front squats – bar +25s x 10… so I added 10 lbs and did 4 more sets of about 6, starting from the bottom in a deep squat and curling the weight up… once… this should help something.

Leg extensions – singles 25 to start +10+10+10 about 10 reps, then 8s then maybe down to 6 as the weight increased.

Standing leg curls hard with 25 lbs. (max) I need to do these more.

Stretch out – 90 minutes about.. walk down broad street, leisurely pace.

Duck rice spinach dinner, & lots of water.  

72614 [Saturday #38] – Luau: wake 192 33/50 – woke by alarm, plus 30, seems to be the habit. Rt nostril stuffy. Small but early base hit.

Let’s recap yesterday’s eating.
Breakfast: chicken, veggie stir fry.
Trailmix – standard work practice
Pizza Friday – 2 slices, Buffalo chicken
Cherries on cherry st.
Protein drink & fruit post workout [legs]
Duck, rice & spinach @ Aksum w/ The Llama

Today:
No need for breakfast, just tea. Just nibble on some trail mix til lunch.
Pulls and shoulder work @ gig. Getting some work in at the gig. Pull ups, dumbbell work. Have to start doing db work, incline vs. straddled for better balance. The  shoulder can support side planks, no weight, no leg lifts… yet. Shadow boxing – I probably get a good bit of exercise in today. Stuff I normally don’t do. Try curling dbs from a deep squat on a riser. This lasted part of the morning.
Luau today – be disciplined.
Looks gloomy out.
Toughness conditioning must be constant – add more high side plank T’s to the mix.
Garden salad for lunch. Next stop Luau.

I think I was pretty good at the Luau. Drank a lot, well maybe 3 dark & stormies, ate mostly protein. We’ll see what the numbers say tomorrow.


72714 [Sunday #39] – wake 192 32/51 – brunch with Sheyna & Persus, hang with Mr. C and company and back home. Today is looking like a 4 day, but hoping… working to get some chores done.

Dial in the diet, the nutrition, new session, new month coming. Reduce carb intake. Skip meals on off days. Two days on, 1 off – or bodyweight. Cardio Daily, bust these 17 lbs. UGH. Guess I’ll be eating more meat.

Green tea supps & red yeast rice. Stay on top of info. Diet is the last hurdle. 4 day of rest.

72814 [Monday #40] – wake 188.5 27/55 – more like it. I like the recovery, considering I didn’t exercise, but my BF is way up from last year. I wonder if the scale if off. Will have to take a look, maybe it needs resetting. [It may be set to ‘female’ if so that would mean my numbers have been off for a long time.. oh well.].

Ate several meals, mostly protein. Did chores. The body could be close to where I want it to be, I just have to take it a bit further.

Slept pretty well. Cool. Rain. Up & movement stuff, Up-upper body, shoulder movement, etc. back bends, upper back, stretches.

Breakfast: beans, TCB, cucumbers & tomatoes & cheese. May have to ease the cheese.

Moving towards bodybuilding segment of BBC IV – the long way back.

The body is close to where I want it. I need to tweak the diet and a bit of the workout & be more consistent, focused, disciplined. I give myself permission to spend more on food, but I’m not going to get carried away. I need to go through my supplements as well.

YMCA Chest & triceps [old school]

Flat DB press: warm up set of 20 [40 lbs] 3 more sets w/ 50s to fail, or near enough w/o a spotter.
Incline flies 35 lbs 3 x 10+/-
DB pull over 50 lbs. 3 x 10 +/-
Rope Pull downs – 70, 80, 90, to failure.
Skull crushers: ez bar: 10s then 15 lbs each side. 3 sets.
DB triceps press [behind the neck] 50 lbs 3x6 – this was heavier than expected but it was the last exercise, so fatigue may play a factor.

This is the plan. I’ve been moving in this direction, just needed a kick. Phase out pizza.
Shin Flex 70 lbs (about) 3 sets 20+ reps, with wrist curls.. [super sets] – I don’t have to go exactly like the host. Barbell wrist curls 10s then 15 lbs each side. This is the weight.
Feeling good in the chest already.

Cycling This eve, about 4 hours away. Got to eat again. Got trail mix tho.

Don’t Talk
Don’t brag
Just do the work!
Stay quiet and let the results do the talking.

Post workout protein drink w/ live fruit. Walk home from the Y, 2.5 miles, no problem.
El stop double-double 5.
Home run – Body is in recovery and doing very well.
Chicken and lentils before spin. [Get thighs]
Eat more on days off, reduce portions, and be mindful of what I eat.
Handstand w/ the wall, before spin. Felt the shoulder, but didn’t fall.
Strong cycling class – or maybe I didn’t work that hard. Triceps were ringing!

Chillax for a bit and stretch maybe, and read. Chores & sleep. Let’s see what things look like tomorrow.
Hands cramping, from lifting? Is something lacking? More hydration, I think.


72914 [Tuesday #41] – Wake 186.5 31/52 – I was looking forward to these results. Walking seems to be the key. Should’ve figured that out from Zurich. So at least once a week I have to walk from the Y, to and from the market and/or down Broad st. Still lots of good weather left.

Ate many meals yesterday, mostly protein, but I moved around a lot as well. That’s the trick. [have to adopt this at the gig]. One cup of tea before workout. Remain cognizant of carb intake. Under 150 grams? Biggest is probably the trail mix.

Bkft: Lamb, eggs whites, tomatoes, cheese, spinach.

Woke with the alarm 4am – but wasted 35 minutes. I will have to get up and do pushups or something to stimulate the HR, blood flow and motivation.

TGX & Aqua Today… Proposed schedule – let’s see if it pans out.
Functional Fitness at the Y – almost forgot about that again!
Dinner with mom – Thursday [Maybe Y Later.. Pull day]? Or park or home or walk home. .

Friday Temple legs –
Saturday – Pull day YMCA
Sunday - / off  maybe? A schedule might help. More activity at the job.
Stay off the net as much as possible.
Got 1 – so far.
Can I get up & run for 20 minutes? Up at 4 or run 4:30 – some cardio down the park. Do I want to know what’s out there then?
TGX was okay – just two people. Got some leg presses and calf presses and leg extensions in before class. Aqua was good too. Energetic.

Actually did a little work on the ball before bed. Ate lentils & chicken & kale, last meal, but late.

73014 [Wednesday #42] –  wake 188 23/53 – re-calibrated scale for ‘athlete’ – maybe it made a difference.
Got up with the alarm 4am – slept relatively well … cool night. Seems like there’s a little fall in the air. Augusts seem to have been cool for the past few years.

Am cardio – lots of running in place, side to side, jacks, shadow boxing and added 8 lbs to the mix. Went 23 minutes, then back Swissball, back bends, back stretches and neck work. [neck work seems to be the right move at this point.] I want to strengthen the neck so my head doesn’t hang down.

Bkft: Beans, shrooms, lamb, cucumber, tomatoes – My nose runs when I eat beans.  Got some movement going at the gig. Got to fight lethargy.

Very low energy today at the gig. Did I mention that ½ cup of tea? Only been going hard for two days, but doing extra exercise too.

Pushed it at YGX… was strong and energetic, as I remember it. Getting my mind into the game.
NO-X pre-workout drink. Turkey burger, tom, shrooms (no cheese all day) before YGX. Workout stack & BCAAs before & pistachios after. Didn’t feel hungry… more cuts, maybe some stretch, light lifting, before bed. Cup of tea for sure. Feeling good, deserving it, loving it.

Walked to the bus stop, like back in the day. About 20 minutes?

73114 [Thursday #43] – waxing crescent in Virgo (today starting to add the phase of the moon to see if a detectable pattern emerges: wake 188 34/48… So much for walking. Woke with the alarm + 30 minutes.

Morning work – calisthenics run in place, cardio, etc. back bends and ball work. Got a routine together for core, but felt weak.

Bkft: chicken, shrooms & beans, small portion. Felt hungry at work early. Dropped one, base hit. Body should be adjusted.

Still feel the chest & triceps from Monday’s training. Legs tomorrow at temple.

Normal lunch but felt hungry right before. Smaller portion for breakfast 7 no trail mix to munch on. Second base.

I feel weak, heavy, sleepy. This is why I don’t get up at $AM on days off. I don’t have to sit around the house all day off Saturday. I’m thinking… Run.

I did have cherries, blueberries and strawberries to nibble on, but still the energy felt low.

Dinner at Mom’s, then #4 came strong, when I got home. Was thinking I wouldn’t get the run today. 5 – day, due to morning calisthenics, otherwise no work out.

AUGUST is here….

80114 [Friday #44] – waxing crescent in Libra. Wake 188 21/55.
Woke with the alarm – by the alarm actually. Got up and exercised 45 minutes. I’ve got a routine now that includes neck and core work.

Breakfast – eggwhite omlete w/ shrooms, toms, spinach, cheese ½ cup of tea… not ‘craving’ tea, but had 3 cups yesterday.

Thinking… planning leg day at Temple, similar to last week. May or may not include dead lifts or back squats. Thinking front squats. Thinking front squat are more of a leg day thing, back squats for spec forces.

El steps normal.. 5

Another low energy day @ work. Moon is waxing crescent, let’s keep track of moon & energy flow.

Trying to work myself into a ‘serious’ bodybuilding regimen. Weekends will be essential and will have to slip short ones in if I pick up more sessions at Temple. Let’s push some weight today.

Not just legs but Annihilation Legs!!!
Leg press: Many sets, + calf presses and pushed 100 – 1200 lbs off the pins. 2 warm up sets of close to 30 reps.
Seated calf raises – 3, 45s+1 25
Leg extension: Plates – progressive – 35+25+15…. Keep going. Hard on the shin, maybe wraps for extra cushion.
Standing leg curl 25+5
Cable leg press – warm up set of 30 then 3 or 4 more for high thighs.
Shin flex – 80 lb. 3 x 15
Cable leg extensions drop sets 100 reps…
Seated calf press drop sets 100 reps.
Stretch and outtie… 90s minutes.

80214 [Saturday #45] – waxing crescent – Libra. Wake 188 23/54 7AM. Cool 7 raining. Measuring day a day early.
Top
98

Middle
91

Bottom
95

Under
96


These results are good because they are steady and “inching’ downward, and bad because they aren’t lowering fast enough for me. I should probably let the tape measure be a bit snugger when I do it. For the sake of motivation I consider this a plateau, which I will address immediately.

Morning work – early base hit. Normal calisthenics – got a couple sets of pushups [25 ea.] worked the back and neck, the balance stuff.

20 hours after leg day the soreness is coming, but just slightly. Hoping it won’t be severe, but mentally ready for it to be.

Breakfast; almonds, blueberries, M&Ms and honey. Might get a second bkft before heading out.

Top body parts to grow and improve.
Legs – always first. I want more inches, thickness, leanness & power & agility… for life.
Back – lats specifically. I want it thick enough to scare the fat & flab away.
Chest – upper pecks. I need to blast these. They make my chest look slopey. So main chest exercises will be inclines, until I get results!!!

18:15 legs are still fine. Thank you Body. The Leg day DOMs never came as bad as I’d expected it.

On the road with mah roll dawg. Ate a lot, drank a lil bit. Will pay for it, but recovery time has been pretty good these days.




Session
I
II
III
Gain
9
4.0
7.5
Loss
6
6.5
8.5
Net
3
-2.5
-1.0
Tot.
3
0.5
-0.5

End of Session 3

No comments:

Post a Comment